1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screenshots in fullscreen mode

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by wournos, Sep 5, 2014.

1. wournos

wournos Active Member

How do I take screenshots in fullscreen mode?
    I have been to Calypso forum and looked at various topics suggesting right-clicking EU icon > Properties > Compability > Check Disable Desktop Composition. I have done that and restarted the client but I still can't take screenshots unless I am in window mode and have the EU window deselected.

Also, this totally messes up global screenshots because they turn out black (had my second global today, 79PED, and nothing to show for it other than EL entry).

2. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

EL is working on a fix for this. Should be fixed sometime soon. It's not an easy fix.

3. T79x

T79x Adviser Arkadia Adviser

it worked on win 8 whit fraps
    sadly since upgrade to win 8,1 got same problem
    so i now insted fraps i use bandicam and do screenshots manualy

4. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

I had this issue on a previose laptop and found that for some reason if i ran the 32 bit client rather than the 64 bit clinet the black screen issue disapeared.

I would also guess that the screen capture is 1024 x 768 resolution as when i currently play on 1920 X 1080 the screen print is cropped and not the full screen but as i have loot windows disabled and this stil displays my ava in the screan grab its a minor problem for me.

5. wournos

wournos Active Member

I run the 32-bit and experience problems. I wish I could run additional programs to help take screenshots but it will just eat more memory than the computer already does (I don't have enough to run the game, yet I seem to manage as long as I'm not in Celeste/Quarry too long).

6. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

You need to set Disable Desktop Composition on two files - both clientloader.exe (probably the one you've already done if you used the icon) and entropia.exe (you may need to look in the program folder to find that file).

Also be aware that there are two entropia.exe files - one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit. So make sure you click the right one, or do it on both.

7. wournos

wournos Active Member

Ok I changed that file too and now I can take pictures in fullscreen mode but they are still black. Le Sigh.

8. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

I was never able to use EL to take screenshots, so as was suggested from someone here, I use fraps, and works very nicelly.

View attachment 10037
    taken with fraps

9. wournos

wournos Active Member

I wish I could do that. *looks below*

10. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Fraps is no ram monster eater, is no bigger than the virus that might be hidding behind some file of yours. and according to uncle Bill Gates, 640kb should be enough to run any program

11. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

[h=2]How to properly remove blackscreen when taking screenshots in Entropia and many other games[/h]
    How to properly remove blackscreen when taking screenshots in Entropia and many other games:

The way to achieve this is simply by changing the Aero default theme to Windows 7 Basic.

Option 1:

You can do this by either going to:
    Control Panel -> Appearance And Personalization -> Personalization

Basic and High Contrast Themes:
    Change to Windows 7 Basic

OR

Option 2

Go to (where entropia is installed): C:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe\bin32

right click and select properties on "ClientLoader.exe"

Select "Compatibility" tab

Under "Settings" press "Disable desktop composition"

press apply

Both settings does the same, but if you like Aero theme on your computer and you want to maintain it, you should go with "Option 2". ​

12. wournos

wournos Active Member