1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rookie and Puny ? the mining the hunting ?

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Zont, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Zont

Zont Member

So today i read on some forums and came across "rookie mining" and "puny hunting" can someone give me a few pointers how this works or if its a good idea ? :)

Also a good idea how to rise some evade skill quickly ?

Happy hunting you all

2. Wauspaus

Wauspaus Active Member

Doing something "quick" is something that costs you a lot in this game :p. The only way to maybe get skills quick is to participate in the Oratan events when the AoE creatures are there. I am saying "participate" in the sense of grab a gun and shoot, not grab a healing tool and just stand there :). However last time loot was bugged on them, maybe that got fixed now I dont know.
    Other ways to get great evade skills is literally just swunting Caraboks or incase you dont want to do that, you can finish off the Carabok and Gallard missions quickly by just shooting them and claim the final stage rewards.

3. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

The AoE bosses from the wave events have been removed until further notice.

Evade is one of the hardest skills to get, there is no way to get it quick unless you buy it from some one else. If you are new to the game, I'd say it's pointless. You will gain enough skills when you hunt the Carabok, Gallard, Monura male and female, Arkadian Hornet - mostly doing all the missions that are out there. If you are new than you are best off doing that. The mobs I named + Dromia are basically the 'puny' mobs in game.

The rookie mining you are mentioning was something that was still easily possible a few months ago. It's still possible today, but harder to start with. The rookie mining consisted of buying the rookie mining gear from the TT and just go mining, because instead of max 60 probed you used max 6 probes. A few individuals here and there still have rookie mining gear, so if you are interested in that then you should try to find a seller of the equipment.

4. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Extra info*

Check out the excel sheet @ http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/max-maturity-hunting-excel-sheet.11689/

It shows you a list of all the arkadia mobs that have missions. At the bottom you can choose the second page, and there it shows a list of the mobs from lowest to highest HP. That might help you to map out what you want to hunt, and if you follow the list by heart, you will rarely hunt above your level.