1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rent?

Discussion in 'Estates' started by mastermesh, Feb 28, 2011.

1. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

Will there be estates on Arkadia that participants can own, and will they have rent? Calypso recently removed rent, but based on some screenprints on pcf, it looks like Rocktropia estates have rent.

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

Hey mastermesh,

There will be estates on Arkadia that participants can own and no, there won't be rent on them.

3. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

Thanks for the quick reply. That's awesome. Smart move.

4. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Good to hear! :)

5. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

WOOT !!

Selling Calypso apartment at boxes !

6. Telgard

Telgard Member

Is rent payed to the PP or to the estate owner?

Nevermind* Just read the answer in another thread.

7. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

wow that's some good news indeed! :)

8. James Clayton

James Clayton Member

No rent on a property you buy makes sence. BUT there should be a monthly condo/maintenance fee or at least taxes. I'm not kiding, one of the big mistakes Calipso made was taking away the rent. Instead they should have forclosed on the properties that were delinqhent.

It is normal to pay taxes on a property.

This is supose to be a real world economy, so it should act like one. For one thing it would tend to minimise speculators holding on to 20 estates because it would cost to do so and that will make pepole think twice, plus it brings in revenue for the state (Arkadia)

There should be taxes like in the real world, and like in the real world, if you dont pay your taxes, after as while the bailifts come, toss your stuff out in the street (storage) and put the place up for sale on auction to recup the taxes. Which would garentee that estates would not sit idel for years at no cost to the owners. Time to wake up, buck up, and remember 'there are no free lunches'

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

So why don't you give me 70% of your deposit right away instead if you love taxes this much?
    Seriously dont you pay enough taxes rl? If you don't I have a suggestion move to a Scandinavian country and you will pay more then anyone else in the world, oh and become a citizen and you can move freely between our three countries depending on which have the highest taxes that year.

If I buy something I should own it, if i need to pay taxes to keep it or use it I don't own it but the state owns it and this is my rl philosophy too.
    And dont forget that this should be a virtual something(as it's not a game)

10. James Clayton

James Clayton Member

Sorry if the way the world works offends you Jenny but like it or not thats the way it is. And by the way you don't pay taxes to keep it or use it, you pay taxes so you can reach it buy using roads and having the entire suport system that your country has for it's citizens. Money does not grow on trees, it has to come from somewere. All the things you enjoy in your country are suported by your taxes.

I'm not to sure if you pay more taxes than I do, lets compare, the normal Quebecker pays about 54% in combined federal and provincial income taxes, then out of the 46 cents out of every dolar thats left we pay another 17% sales tax on everything we buy. which comes out to another 7.82 cents, giving a total of 61.82 cents out of every dolar that goes directly to taxes.

But then we have universal medicare so no one dies in the streets like they do in some contries that dont have taxes and we have welfare so people dont starve to death or freez in the -40c weather we get here. We also have day care for families and pay for invitro fertilization for couples that have trouble conceving and of corse we have unemployment insurance to help you out if you lose your job. The roads are prety good, but we still have potholes, the stores are well supplied with food items and like your country we are rated quite high on the scale of best places to live.

I don't like paying taxes but I would rather live in Canada or a Scandinavian country than in the mountains of what are called 3rd world countries where they dont pay taxes. But I think it would be fun we can trade places you can come live in Canada and i'll come to a Scandinavian country and we can compare notes on who is the highest taxed after. PS don't forget your skis :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bemo

Bemo Deactivated User

Nice to hear there will be no rent :)

-Bemo-

12. red

red Member

condo-fees and taxes are paid to provide a service. that model doesn't really work well within EU. we pay our "taxes" through decay.

a rent, on the other hand, is a payment to use someting you don't own. although this concept doesn't really exist here, it could be utilized. for example, if arkadia was to implement a "mall" they could rent shops rather than sell them. anyone could come along and take posession of the shop by paying the rent. the only empty shops would be ones unrented. and those who paid would use them - otherwise, they are just wasting their money. gone would be the property speculators.

of course, some might try to rent all the shops, but if they don't sell anything, their money is wasted.

incidentally, something that I've always found a bit odd are the so-called "mining land areas" where you pay a tax (more like a bribe) to the land ower to stop them from spendng money feeding the animals.