1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions & answers with david dobson

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mel_bosshart, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Mel_bosshart

Mel_bosshart Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

HI Guys & Gals

The Main Man Mr Dobson has been in contact with me this morning here at Normandie Radio ..

We are Pleased to announce that David will be Live With Us to answer your questions that you may have about planet Arkadia ..

Dj Isclay and myself invite you to post your questions here or you can call in to normandie radio via Skype and ask david your question in person ..if you would like to do this please add me to skype :- monkeymelv

Please remember that david can only answer arkadia based questions and cannot answer about thing's that are not within his control .

The Show will be 16.00 Ma Time this coming Saturday 3rd of May

2. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Questions;
    1. When will the Arkadian dropships be released?
    2. When will new clothes be put in the Arkoin broker?
    3. When will some of the twenty odd shopping booths be put on auction?
    4. When is the next awesome competition with great prizes?
    5. When do we see an Arkadian spaceport at high altitude?
    6. When do we see floating sky estates?
    7. When will the remaining 4-10 AU instances start running?

I will add more soon :)

3. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

8. when are Arkadia getting there own line of space ships ( quad replacement Arkadia ) ?
    9. When can we have some more RL stuff in Loot ?
    10. Is he behind the David Bossman Avatar @ Oratan Events ?
    11. When Is the Smuggler Armour coming Out ?
    12. What are the plans for arkadias 3rd birthday ?
    13. Whats his favorite drink is it a singapore sling ;) ?
    14. Whats his favorite song / Favorite Track ?
    15. Whats the next 3 years going to bring ?
    16. can we have a line of ARKadia Branded Clothing RL ?
    17. douse he miss playing with his old avatar ?
    18. do his family play on planet arkadia ?
    19. whats his favorite mob ?
    20. whats his favorite place on planet arkadia / whats the best creation on ark ?
    21. do the Ark A Team go to the pub - whats there favorite pub and why ?
    22. did he get lots of phone calls when the Hall Of Fame was Obliterated with Ora tan shared Loot's
    23. Whats on the whiteboard ;) ?
    24. Are there plans for more UL Items ?

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Could you remove the white formatting on the text of the OP so we can read it?

5. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

Question 1

In the November interview you mentioned you're waiting for "final rulings from the powers that be" before you make changes to melee weapons. Anything new you can tell us about that? Are there Arkadia melee amplifiers in the works?

Question 2

I'd like to ask about the Arkadia Underground Deed payouts. In one of your forum posts you mentioned that the fractions are calculated for each avatar separately (see below for reference), yet the payouts are always a multiple of a single deed payout. So the question is: are the fractions carried over for each deed not for each avatar by design and your post was a mistake or is it supposed to be per avatar but isn't?

6. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

It's per deed and fractions are carried forward and paid in whole pecs like he said.

7. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

Except in the quote David says it is per avatar...

8. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

well the main question would be if there are any plans for the arkadia underground, or if it's a landarea without future development plans. (well except for the new instances ofc).

Then ofc a question if he is going to introduce skilling blueprints (low tt costs and max 2 treasures to craft it). So that people don't tt 90% of the treasures they find.

Some other stuff:
    -are there any plans for missions for newcomers? they are still a bit lost after the introduction mission. I feel Cyrene, RT, and Caly have more interesting missions for newcomers then arkadia.
    -What's up with the arkadian mining amps? The ingredients are nearly impossible to get :(

9. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

It is all the same. Depends on the number of deeds each avatar has. We're saying the same thing.

10. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

David was wrong, case closed ;)

11. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

This may not be the place for this, but it is not the same. Carrying fractions over per avatar (as in David's example, 2 deeds = 3 pec) should yield at least one payout that is not divisible by the number of deeds a person holds. Have you ever gotten a payout that was not divisible by the number of deeds you hold? I haven't and I bought mine on the day they were released so that's quite a number of payouts (yes, I hold more than one deed).

Most probably, hence the question. One sentence from David will clear the matter up.

12. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

How many Arkadia Underground deeds have been sold thus far, or alternatively are 'still available' via the broker?

13. Neil

They aren't going to give out that info but you can guess based on the amount sold in auction so far. 5% of all deeds available have been sold in auction/shops (10k). All you need to figure out how many have been sold is estimate the fraction that are sold in auction/shops. My guess is that about 10% of available deeds were sold on auction; that would make about half of all deeds remaining in the broker. Of course that number could be completely wrong.

14. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

I thought I'd answer in advance the question regarding deed payout. I was indeed wrong in saying the deeds are aggregated for the avatar, in fact the deeds operate independently of the avatar. For example:
    Once every day it checks the value of the revenue on underground, it only pays out amounts that can be divided by 200 000(Pec). So if the revenue is 1600 PED no one gets anything and 1600 remains in the revenue pot, 2300 everyone gets a pec per deed and 300PED remains in the revenue pot, 4600 everyone gets two pecs per deed and 600 remains.

The main point I was trying to make previously is that pecs never disappear, but will carry over.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

15. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Unlike CLD, which is based on total Calypso revenue of decay, et al... AUD payouts are base solely on a share of the taxed Underground Land area (ped cycling).

It's been asked before, but as an AUD owner, I can't understate the importance of reiterating the question (What is being planned in the way of attracting participants to the Underground?) There is a conundrum here with Operational Transparency for Investors vs Planet Partner Operational Strategies.

16. Neil

Thanks, it had become pretty clear that's how it is working... we just needed some confirmation there wasn't a screw loose somewhere in the works :)

17. Manny

Manny Member

The story that introduced us to the Underground gave the impression that there would be significant Oratan forces there, and perhaps we'd be given the chance to delve deeper into their secrets.

-Any plans story or spawn wise in the Underground beyond the existing Oratan settlements?

18. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Have you checked out The Abyss?

19. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

Thank you :)

20. fett-finnen

fett-finnen Member

Really looking forward to this :)