1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about the privateer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Smoerble, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

Unfortunately the selling Topic was closed and I could not ask what I wanted to ask.

First question:
    I don't get it, what happened?

2. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Not sure...but as space started a privateer docked right in front of the gate to the CSS..and no one could fly in or out...
    but not sure if thats the Topic ...

3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

4. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Yeah I closed his Selling thread because he's now listed the ship and hangar on Auction and so therefore contravenes Rule 5a. Osiris has had a beef with a lot of the things MA have done especially with regards to the space platform. You'll have to PM him or post here and hope that he wants to explain the story from his end.

5. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Couldn't see what this had to do with new player discussion forum so moved to general for now :)

6. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

If you don't want to read the whole thread KJ posted, the summary is that Osiris parked his privateer to block the entrance to calypso space station. This was to protest the un-upgraded ships that MA gave out to the hangar owners. Their original ships were disabled with VU 10.

7. Smoerble

I didn't get from the selling thread, if a Privateer can land on a planet or not. My key question is: If I warp from one planet to another, how do ppl then get on the planet safely? Only via teleport from spaqce station? Or CanI enter athmosphere too?

8. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Even though Privateers are the remake of the old 'hangar' ships, no they don't land on planet. They function pretty much as a mini mothership.

9. Smoerble

HM, then how do you Exit a Privateer and go to planetside? My understanding is, the Privateer has no Hangar. Result: you cannot spawn your spaceship to Exit the Privateer.

How does it work?

10. Lokia

Lokia Adviser Arkadia Adviser

the privateer has a tp that you can use to get to the space station and spawn your ship there to fly down, or take the stations tp

11. Smoerble

Ok, this means, it is more risky or more expensive than a Mothership. If you have a good pilot, he can fly the MS directly to the edge of the athmosphere, so you leave the MS and you enter planet immediately, no risk of pirates. Costs: 2 PEDs for thruster.

With Privateer to avoid pirates, you need to TP to Station (free), then TP down (7 PEDs), no other risk free option, correct?

12. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Yes. Privateers have no hangar so you must exit by TPing to a station. So safe travel is ~4.8 ped extra for a privateer. (0.2 ped for thruster decay and 2 ped for planet fee).

Also keep in mind that backing a MS up to a planet is generally safe but not necessarily risk-free. If you have problems when you leave the hangar or space takes a long time to load, a pirate could theoretically kill and loot you. So, in the event you have lag, it's an issue of trust, whether you trust the mothership operator and other passengers who are disembarking at the same time. I would never use this method with stackables in a MS that transports pirates, and there are some.