1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding resource claims depleted

Discussion in 'Mining' started by Jasdar, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Jasdar

Jasdar Member

View attachment 7678 View attachment 7679
    I have had a question about this some resources when I extract them just say resource depleted. The others when depleted say that I don't hold the deed needed to extract the claim. This statement would lead one to believe that there would be more there but when I drop more probes I get the NRF. Anyone have a clue as to why this happens or is it a programmer error that they coded to the wrong subroutine. Just curious

2. SLD

SLD Member

This happens on a regular basis for me. And like you, I sometimes get a little suspicious and drop a second probe. I think it's a matter of slight lag where you make one last pull on the claim (with 0ped left to extract), while it physically exists on your screen (client side), but no longer exists in the database. Probably similar to a "Failed" shot when hunting. Server to client sync issue. Or... maybe its an invisible 20k Tower right in front of your face! :D

3. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Yeah its lag, I've had the same thing happen to me a few times on the rare occasions i pull out my mining equipment.

4. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

What that is is usually if you use the auto use tool feature.. it tends to sneak one more pull in because of the delay between you and the server. I get that all the time. When the claim rod disappears its all in your pockets.

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

It's like the "you cannot do this while in a vehicle" when you're not in a vehicle. Nothing to worry about.

6. Svarog

Svarog Member

Yeah, just a lag. On the left pic the claim marker wasn't removed fast enough after you dug it out, on the right one it's vice versa - your extractor was too slow and still was digging while the claim was already gone :)

7. Jasdar

Jasdar Member

cool thanks all. That makes sense now.