1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for David: Loot algorithm

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by True Juan, Feb 4, 2011.

1. True Juan

True Juan Member

Hey David,

I was wondering. As a planet partner, are YOU able to determine the % that goes to us players? Or you HAVE TO have the same loot-algorithm settings as all the other planets? If you DO have the possibility to change the settings a bit, I would think it would be a good idea to have it set, just enough to be profiting normaly, not push limits like MA/FPC. Cause then you wont have many players stay on the planet anyways.
    You are a long time player, you know how it is.

Make your planet a HOME for us, with normal settings pls. People dont have problems depositing, but when the game gets too YELLOW(no loot, nrf...), they tend to get upset.

Thanks

2. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

I beleive that MA is the soul controller of the loot! I am very sure that the planet partners can't dictate how much is available to each avatar that participates in the Universe. ;)

3. M Rufen Power

M Rufen Power Member

PP's have no say in the matter, as it is not the same as owning a pocket of land on the planet. Seriously True Juan, how long have you been playing that you still do not know this answer? MA controlls all the loot as well as its distribution. You don't want to see lots of yellow no loots simply do not deposit.

4. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

You can turn off the no loot messages by disabling the 'read all other messages' channel.

Ok I'll admit that wasn't the most helpful respons, but i'd like to see Dave come up with something better :)

5. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

Say the total loot you get is 90% returns. Does it really matter if you get that which contains some no loot messages or not?

Frankly it doesn't realy matter in the big scheme of things, apart from peoples perceptions.

In the long term they probably will get rid of no loot messages due to that reason alone. When they'll get around to doing that is another matter...

• Like Like x 1
  6. True Juan

True Juan Member

WTF is your problem? Did I ask YOU something? NO.
    Where do you get your information from?
    Are you working for MA?
    Is there some PP RULES on a website where it states that they HAVE no right changing the loot distribution?

I've been here since october 2006. I know how this game works. I know how to lose, I know how to profit.
    And who ever said I deposit?...

It used to be this way:
    With 2000 peds you could hunt argonauts for 6 months continuously without a deposit, cause u usually got 75%-105% back on each run, meaning that the average was a clear 90%

In todays entropia, its this way:
    Returns are from 40% - 90% + a chance of a jackpot(800, 3000, 9000 peds). Which means, people need now at least 5000 peds to efficiently hunt argonauts.

Number of runs needed to even out your % comparison:
    (- run indicator)
    Past
    -----
    Present
    ---------------

Oh, and I'd like to point out that this question is for David, not some smart-ass people that seem to know everything these days ;)

Thanks,
    TJ

7. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Planet Partners are not in control of the loot.

However, other factors come in to play regarding the returns you get. The key issue of course is whether there is any mark up on what you loot. This is where we can have some influence, not a great deal, but some. If the economy is well designed so you are looting things that are in demand then you get a chance to get more mark up. Needless to say we are working hard to ensure there is demand for what you loot.

The other major factor is having enough people within the economy. With more people doing a greater variety of activities it makes for a more robust economy that provides for more opportunity.

8. M Rufen Power

M Rufen Power Member

I was not trying to be a smart ass, but how you do not know this coming from our own forum ef or pcf is beyond me. I completely understand the way of playing has changed but I have come to terms with it & adapted. Have you? I guess you have since you know how much peds you now need before you get anything back. I'am sure that MA has changed something in the loot code so now we need more peds in our pockets, and that is probably part of their big plan. Ie more sales by virtue of more deposits people are making to sustain a good RR. But anyways you got the answer you wanted. :)

9. True Juan

True Juan Member

M8, I was only HOPING that PP's actually can somehow have a word on loot distribution.

Well, thats pretty sad to hear cause the algorithm used today is not good for an Average Joe willing to deposit maybe $30-$40 a month. I think that new players will still leave after realising that loot is the same way like on other planets. You will attract players from Calypso, thats for sure, but do you guys think newbies will survive on your planet?

Anyways,
    Arcadia will be the first planet I will take a trip to, and I hope to stay there...pls make it worth it :)

Thx
    TJ

10. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I dont think its avg returns nor depositing that turns players away...Its the knowing there is no small scale play after the first 15 levels are gained. The cost to maintain play is exponentially growing after that range of professonal levels. THATS whats trips every one up.

If we do manage to find ways to keep going then we hit the glass ceiling where to progress it takes literally 50k usd chunks of money to do so. The fact that is common knowlege and has been one of the biggest word of mouth advertising against Entropia from day one is one of the games biggest short comings.

MA making loot swings harder and longer before that pay back is only driving more and more people away. I am already seeing the people who are quitting that came here from the sale of CP. The only reprocussions PP's have is to design ways to drive their economy thru needed items and hope MA does not nerf stts wanted by PP, or if they are to e dropped items make them either to rare or too common. That seems to be MA's biggest thing of late. Force something down our throats then once we adjust to using it make it a pain in the ass to continue using it so that we have to buy into their next fad.

11. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

Well if you manage to get that plan through you'll have a big advantage! However I am still scared that MA will screw it up... just because they can. Well only time will tell if the plan works out. Since we are getting 90% tt return on the long run it would be necessary to cover 10% with markup. Would be awesome if that's possible at least in some mining areas/mobs/BPs.

12. Zeke

Zeke New Member

The whole 10% MU thing to cover your loses due to 90% TT return is awesome. Just one thing.... who is buying things for 110% or more.... are you sure it's not you? someone or everyone is paying it.

13. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

There are loads of different personalities playing EU... some will not hesitate a second to pay 110% MU or 150% if it's a blast using whatever the purchase ends up being. It's just necessary to make them feel the urge to play with it. ;)

14. Cani Ostro

Cani Ostro Member

That was always my approach. I don't mind paying decay and markup for the gear I would like to use. I just hate it when I don't even find the ammo back in loot, if you apply that to a weapon for example.