1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QR 100. now what?

Discussion in 'Crafting' started by KikkiJikki, Aug 27, 2011.

1. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I have managed to grind my first BP (Generic leather texture) to QR 100. My crafting proffession lvls are around 3ish so not at all close to unlock of BPC.

So I am wondering if it is time to start playing with the quality slider.

If I understand how it works, higher quality reduces chance of success but increases TT payoff for successful attempts. I expect that for leather textures, the increased TT is in form of tailoring residue rather more texture stackables. As far as I can see that particular residue has pretty low MU potential. Given that I am not sure if there is benefit in touching the slider. I also have no idea of the impact on skill gain. Do you only get skill gain on successful attempts, is skill gain impacted by the TT value of a success?

And if I do move the slider should I go all in (v low success rate) or try to keep the success rate in the green zone (only a small slider adjustment)

Would the decision criteria be different if this was an item BP (eg weapon)?

Any feedback welcome. Could be specific to this BP, BPs for stackables or general advice.

THanks,
    KikkiJikki

2. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

I believe that the quality slider is to add to the final TT value of the crafted item, but the chance to get any is less. So, I think it is of no use to texture crafting, but as I am no crafter, I could be wrong.

3. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

You are correct that generally a higher TT value success of a texture BP will result in more residue rather than more stackable. Although both are possible. At QR 100, you have a better chance of getting more on condition, though I personally don't think there's any reason to go condition on anything but items.

Once you start getting up above QR40 or so skill and QR increase tend to slow down a little bit. Moving the slider toward condition will usually speed these back up.

So I'd say it's actually up to you. You have two or three options at this point: 1) Get a new blueprint and start over, 2) continue using that one or 3) Sell it on auction. Obviously options 2 and 3 are mutually exclusive. And you can get a new blueprint regardless of whether or not you sell your QR100.

4. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

There isn't much of a difference in skill gains where you put the slider. Sometimes you have good runs (with loot/skills/blueprints) and sometimes you have bad runs. People like to see patterns in them, even when there are none.

Moving the slider makes sense if the markup you get from residue is higher then the markup you get from leather textures. Seeing that you also get metal residue from crafting these, i think it might be better to put the slider all the way to the right (or do those textures sell nowadays?)

For weapons you sell it is different, since you mostly want as much successes as you can and add residue to make the tt value higher (assuming markup of the weapon is higher then markup of the residue).

5. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Actually, I never use residue unless I'm making something specifically for someone and need an instant success on a full TT limited item. Sure it's riskier. But I personally have gotten better returns not using residue (since I don't have to go buy hundreds of PED's worth of it and then have to cover that cost).

But it's all in what you decide to do and how you want to do it. There is no right way that works for everyone.

And actually, yes, moving the slider to the right does increase skill rate sometimes -- I can have it on quantity and not be getting anything, move it to condition and start getting skills like crazy, move it back and get nothing. All in the same run. I'll move it back and forth periodically during the run to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's always that way for everyone. There are still days when I won't get any skill whatsoever no matter what I do.

And I haven't been able to sell textures of any kind on the auction for months.

6. KikkiJikki

thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts

7. Dinivan

Dinivan New Member

HI. To many "I am no crafter but maybe its like this" replies. These are facts:

quant = good runs not as good, bad runs not as bad. Less % residue on average run.
    Cond = Good runs really good, bad runs really shitty. Higher % residue on average run.
    Skillgains are same for both.
    Overall % return is the same in the VERY LONG run.

8. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

I have experienced different resources got back at "nearly success", as well as different residue.
    More "condition" means more of the more expensive (TT) stuff.

Example:
    Basic filters BP, uses Oil (0.02) and Lyst (0.03)

The more condition, the more Lyst you'd get back, and the more metal residue.
    Full quantity will give you more oil back, and more energy residue.

Only my 0.02 PEC, don't whack me plz.

Have a good time!

9. Dwiss

Dwiss Member

In general using the slider for stackable items doesnt really make any sense. UL items neither as you can repair them cheaper via the repair terminal. Only play with the slider for L-Items. I had several experiments playing with it and my observation is that all runs with condition slider too far to the right have been pretty losses.

10. remontoire

remontoire Member

I can't tell you what you should do, but what I did when my generic leather hit QR 100, also at somewhere in level 3. I continued to use the blueprint but also started to craft soft leather textures from the soft hides I got (instead of selling), and using up some of the fine hessian texture bp(l) that I had looted from the generic leather texture crafting.

I believe that generally, in the pre-BPC levels, you will get best results by sticking to one or two types of blueprints, and craft these on quantity. You are not maxed on any blueprints yet if you are in ~ 3 levels, so your returns will suffer. Pick out some component BPs that sell for markup, and craft these - the goal is to get levels, get a feel of the market and what sells in what quantities and markups and get QR 100 BPs of stuff you will be crafting (and selling, or reusing for crafting other things) in the future.

As far as I can tell, skill gains are a function of the TT of one click times the number of clicks, with maybe some modification for blueprint level.

11. KikkiJikki

Thanks for the advice Remontoire