1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSS Feed President of Virtual Reality Election Update

Discussion in 'Entropia Release Notes' started by ArkadiaBot, Mar 30, 2016.

1. ArkadiaBot

ArkadiaBot Bringer of News PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

President of Virtual Reality Election Update

The election hosted by MindArk to choose the first president of Virtual Reality concluded on Monday March 28th, 2016.

After executing an impressive global campaign and promoting a very ambitious agenda Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs was elected by VR citizens from around the world as The First President of Virtual Reality. The President will remain in office for 4 years. The next election will take place in the first quarter of 2020.

MindArk will work together with the newly elected president and support initiatives to expand the frontiers of VR culture, the global adoption of interoperable avatars and the Real Cash economy business model.

Continue reading...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. T79x

T79x Adviser Arkadia Adviser

hey dude where´s mine VR Day commemorative Strongbox ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Hopefully we won't hear any more of this stupid stunt until 2020.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. the Prophet

the Prophet Active Member

what they call an impressive global campaign and election, looked rather like an incredibly bad joke to me.

great idea in the beginning, followed by lots of promises, and the usual bad delivery. wtg mindark! :facepalm3:

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Wauspaus

Wauspaus Active Member

We will see what this will actually bring. I am actually interested in seeing wether he can actual make some changes and most importantly if he can stay objective about the stuff or that his decissions are going to be in favor of his own planet RT.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Lazz

Lazz Active Member

Can only agree with the other posters...

7. SirCuteNShy

SirCuteNShy Member

All hail the president!

Really looking forward to Neverdie reducing the % of shrapnel in loot, getting rid of the EP bps, banning alt avatars etc etc :roflmao:

Oh and I'm sure he'll make MA fix the nerfed Golden Door too, and increase the Composite drop rate.

Planet Partners have seemingly no influence on MAs decisions, so it sounds very likely that a virtual president will be given any real power (and if so, that he'll eventually use it for the benefit of the players), right?

I'll give MA this though; it's a clever and fairly inexpensive PR stunt, massive joke or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Fifth

Fifth Member

Yeah... It's possible ND felt just as betrayed as we were, when all the promises about "the shining example of democracy" and whatnot, suddenly turned into a simple poll on FB. o_O

Somehow can't believe this was all they promised to him when the campaign started.

"Hey ND we have this great idea how to promote EU: we'll announce the elections, promise heaven and earth, then turn it into a stupid FB poll so that anyone who wins will look like a fool - you're in right?"

Or maybe I'm just too simple-minded and can't grasp the harsh realities of politics and advertisement...

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  9. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

Well ND can ask for what he wants in EU but if MA don't like it then it won't happen. And I doubt Dave would like ND having powers to change things on Ark.

tbh this just wants me to hide the fact that I have anything to do with EU even more.