1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-VU Interview with David Dobson Live on AHR!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by zume, Aug 9, 2012.

1. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

Hi all.. :)

Since it is almost time for another Update from Arkadia Studios, it is also about time for another pre-VU interview..

Therefore, David Dobson has once again agreed to come on air with me live on www.atlashavenradio.com so that he can share all the interesting, fun and crazy "secrets" about the upcoming update.. It is no secret though, that Arkadia will have its first instance, so I am positive you will hear a lot more about it in the interview.. :)

This time it will be Wednesday the 15th of August @ 16:00 MA time .. I will start some warmup at 15:00 MA time, with some various music.. Once again, the party will be held at Celeste Quarry so set a big fat cross in your calender for the 15th of August and come to Celeste Quarry and PARTY hard with us all.. :)

Last.. If you have any question you want to ask Dobson, feel free to ask them right here.

Cya All at the quarry on wednesday the 15th! Big Arkadian love from Zume to all of you!

(Ps: if any of the colors dont fit your particular forum skin, plz let me know :) )

• Like Like x 3
  2. cute781217

cute781217 Active Member Pro Users

Looking forward to it, the time kinda weird tho. Wednesday night hope I can stay awake until it begins :)

3. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Oh i got some questions :)

-will there be new blueprints out as well? The current ones aren't enough to craft away the current treasures (or even some arkadian ores/enmatters like zulax or pel crystals), worthless blueprints that only use 1 treasure are fine too, that way we can craft for some residue.

-will the mobs inside instances carry loot, or will it be like the beacon mission where the loot is in the end?

4. Yquem

Yquem Active Member Pro Users

Q about shops. It is a bit frustated that there are those many errors in the shop area - dunno if it is slow updates but many times when you move around in a shop you are in the middle of a waterfall and cant see items in the shop.

Any plans to make some updates to the shop area and remove these errors?

5. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Are we going to be getting more ingame music for Arkadia so we have a smaller gap between songs?

Also, which piece of music currently (if any) do you feel is kind of the theme of Arkadia? Is there one that when it plays you just say "That's Arkadia"?

And I know it was mentioned quite a while ago that you would work on licensing to get the music downloadable (or something to that effect). Any progress on that front? I would love to be able to listen to it without sitting at the computer. :)

6. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

This is not an Arkadia only issue. Apartments and shops on Calypso and Rocktropia suffer from the graphics being reset when your avatar seems to bump into a table or something wrong also.

7. harmony

Maybe, but i noticed in Yquim's shop that it is a lot worse then in my shop, so maybe something can be done by the arkadian team?

8. Lokia

Lokia Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Great that your doing another interview Zume. Hopefully I will be home in time to catch the whole thing.

9. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

It's obvious that a lot of effort and resources have been poured into Treasure Hunting, its Instances, and mob remodeling lately. Is there a spot on A-team's future agenda to include the type of Easter eggs on Arkadia that made PE so charming and unique?

ie, the hockey mask at Jason's, mutant signs, sunbathing skeletons, remote shacks, etc?

Arkadia's storyline leaves a lot of possibilities for these types of random encounters / nuances.

10. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Calypso shops are just as bad. It's the interaction of certain types of furniture with certain content draws of a shop or apartment, so it's still a platform issue and not really something Arkadia Studios can do anything about. Other than hounding MindArk to investigate and fix the problem, that is.

On topic, can you tell us anything about what goal of the instance is? Or what kind of a story line is included? For example, Calypso beacon missions are robot-controlled ships that the players help to defeat. Is the Arkadian instance somehow related to the Oratan invasion or The Signal?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

I have a question about instances and future development. Kinda wordy explanation before the question, so feel free to reword the whole thing however is best for you Zume.

Most (if not all) MMOs are intended as team based games, not solo play, so that societies, guilds, federations etc are pretty much essential to be able to do a lot of the main gameplay, but especially instances of any type, all requiring a team to enter. In EU, it is the same with existing instances afaik, like beacons. But, as an example, in one game I used to play, Aion, they listened to players and though it remained impossible to complete storyline main events without a team, they finally added some instances just for solo players as well.

Does the Ateam have any such plans for solo instances in the future, or MA, who I guess would have to implement the mechanics for that first? EU does have an awful lot of solo players, so I know many would love to see that at some point.

*edit, we do already have 'the Thing' which is a type of instance, and no team required, would love to see more of that kind of 'instance' on Arkadia.

• Like Like x 1
  12. harmony

After reading Lee's comment i have another question.

Currently with the mission hunting in team is discouraged (if i use a 5% bigger gun i get 95% of the mission points). I have heard from Cyrene that they will have mission where teamkills count, and i heard on calypso that on Leviathans you get a % of the points proportional to the % of the damage you inflict.

That seems to be a lot more fair, and it would encourage teamhunting (and player retention). Any plans to implement this on Arkadia?

13. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

I would really like to know how much more delayed the information on missions will be. I would like to know if i should finish some or wait until they are changed.

14. AlexSolo

AlexSolo Member

Hello,

- Are the hunting rifles really already in the hunting loot? ;)
    - Where is the ACA/AS Civillian Desert Shirt BP? ;)
    - Where is the ASI-10 Smuggler? ;)
    - Will we see an update which corrects the loop on trailblazer boots so they dont go through pants?

- Has the IFN catched any secret transmissions and holds back information if smugglers are about to operate on the planet?

- Are there any plans for Smuggler or Archaeologist clothes?

- When do we get more blueprints which use the new creature parts since the sales of IFN and ACA/AS clothes as well as the creature parts are low?

- Any plans to redesign some of the armors to get more variety apart from uniformity?

- Are there any plans for Arkadia Studios to buy Next Island :)

- With a view on other planets which announced to release own space ships will we see smuggler or IFN space ships?

- Looking back on 1 years Arkadia did the planets developement match the goals?

- What did you always want to improve on Arkadia but you just havent had enough time yet to do it?

15. zume

Ty for some really interesting and good questions so far all.. Keep em coming.. Ya know.. David answers all that he can.. :D

16. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

A tad out of his area of control, but can you see if he and the other PP's might have an influence in restoring the 30 second dance bug - at least letting MA know that the players would like to be able to dance longer w/o rekeying?
    Or stop when they turn...

Cripes, IRL even my clumsy ass can dance more than 30 seconds without reminding myself not to stop.
    PLUS, I can even turn one way or another without having to stop dancing as well!
    ....Yea, I'm pro like that.

And ofc, when is MY bar going to be named correctly?
    :D

Tippin'

17. zume

Just remembered a question myself..

When will we see a TT (and a repair terminal) at the "Checkpoints" along the NPE road?? ATM there's a revive and a storage..... You did promise me a TT once - very long ago.. :D

18. rastamannen

rastamannen Member

Are the chambers meant for teams or solo hunting? Or both? Im really hoping for solo's since my soc mates are at other planets.

19. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

Will the Ubo be a small size mob? small in the physical sense.

If so could you please consider making it bigger? Mobs that are small are the most annoying. There is a very good reason why not many people hunt Igni, Diripi (calypso mobs) because they are small and so harder to target.

Could you also consider making the riptor slightly bigger (in physical size) so it's easier to target?

20. zume

bump for Wednesday.. get your Q's in ppl :)