1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crafting Please stop Calypso BPs dropping in Arkadian crafting!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Few Scars, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Dev team
    I love you and all is good. But please stop Calypso BPs dropping in Arkadian crafting.
    If I am going to craft Arkadian goods I expect to loot Arkadian BPs. This is an established planet now, we don't need the support of the EU loot dynamics.
    Today I crafted Korwil Texture, and looted Kanerium, Letomie Texture BP. I should be looting Yuka BPs.

It is becoming a very frustrating issue. We dont loot Rocktropian or Cyrene or NI BPs, so we definitely dont need to loot Calypso BPs. I am sure many crafters agree with this.

Cheers
    Bjorn

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Those are "shared" bps so thats why they drop. No chance of changing that. At least you managed to aquire a Korwil bp. I'm still looking for that.

3. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Like Kikki said, These BPs are considered shared bps and is lootable on all planets.
    Currently they are showing that they use calypso books (in the past was the only books). We have raised the issue with MA to convert all the shared bps to use a separate book and show that they are shared.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

I think you should also tell them that you want the ability to decide which shared BPs drop on Arkadia. I'm not much of a crafter but I share Bjorn's frustration on this one. It's very irritating to loot texture BPs for mobs that don't exist on the planet, wood that can't be looted, and minerals that can't be found.

More flexibility for planet partners is good for everyone, isn't it?

5. Boardian Chilix

Boardian Chilix Active Member Pro Users

I dont see much issue with textures as shared textures=shared mobs/shared resources so they could at least spamm them if they wanted and have a fix
    Armor plates seems the opposite, not a prblem with that over a year since last ark L bps dropped afaik(2-7) jking or not, but we get shared armor plates, all this plates require aurli/kretlin specific loot, can they spamm aurlies/kretlin? i dont seem them spamming them anytime soon neither adding that loot to other mob

6. ElbryanWolf

ElbryanWolf Member

I have to agree with Bjorn. I understand some BPs are shared and all, but there should be more "Planet" oriented BPs looted than shared ones. I've been lucky enough to loot some Ark texture/furniture BPs to help with hunting/crafting, but I'd like to loot more and recently I've been getting only Caly BPs. A bit frustrating, but BPs are BPs so it's not that bad as my Caly collection still isn't complete and some actually helped towards completion.

Check it out and see if the ratios cannot be adjusted to help this situation.

Keep up the good work team.

Cheers

-Wolf

7. coz1969

coz1969 Member

I guess my question is, why would a letomie texture BP be considered a "shared" BP? I mean, afaik, letomie are UNIQUE to Calypso. I can understand "generic" BP's being considered shared, but not a BP that you REQUIRE resources from a specific planet.

I've not once looted letomie hide on Arkadia... or any planet besides Calypso, for that matter. It's akin to me looting scoria hide on Calypso... it just doesn't happen!

Edit: Okay, just read ALL the thread replies and realize others have already pointed out similar things. But, the point is still valid, and should definitely be looked into. How can a BP be "shared" if the resources required for that BP cannot be found on all planets? (with exception of items, like welding wires, etc, that require resources from multiple planets)

8. ElbryanWolf

ElbryanWolf Member

Coz, Chris explained it pretty well in his post. Right now they are considred shared, but since they are in the Calypso BP books and not in a seperate book, the system doesn't permit that they be split.. thus we loot Calypso BPs and Arkadia BPs.

Cheers

-Wolf