1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[PLEASE CLOSE] Looking to join a society :)

Discussion in 'SocTalk' started by Lovefall, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

I think I can easily split my post in two parts - the first part about who I am and what can I contribute to a society and the second part about waht I expect from a society. :)

So... let's start with...

Who am I and what I can offer

Well, I’m a 1x years old girl from Romania, or if that name doesn’t ring any bell to you, from Transylvania (home land of Dracula) and I may or may not be a vampire and/or somehow related with the mentioned character. :) I love mountain trips, books, chess and computer games, and since that last one is probably a passion we both share, I’ll tell you a few more things about it. I was lucky (or is it unlucky? :p) enough to have an older brother which was an avid gamer and before letting me play the “modern games” he forced me to spend at least a week on each of the “classics” so I’m at least somehow familiar with the “history of gaming” – so I’m probably one of the very few people in my generation that is familiar with games likes Heroes I, Diablo I, Dune II or Civilization II. :) Among my all time favorites – Civilization, Heroes or Sims series if we talk about single player games or LotRO and WURM if we talk about MMOs (I picked one theme park and one sandbox :p).

I started playing Entropia Universe on February 14th, 2015, on planet Arkadia, and it don’t took long to realize that I’m totally sold to the game; and if you want to ever PM me in game, the name is Lovefall (or Kiddoo Lovefall Kiddoo if you’re looking for the full name). :p I have many dreams and goals in game, but probably the biggest one is to manage to come to the point where to be totally self sufficient, as in being able to craft my own weapon and armors, with the bits that I also farmed myself in advance. :)

I also must be a true masochist, because I set myself an extra challenge about the game, and, at least according to what everyone that saw it said, quite a crazy one. :p Truth being said though, the reason for doing this is not only that I love hard challenges and competing against the odds, but also that my (self-diagnosed OCD) needs a consistent play style, with clear rules and boundaries, and with little room for external factors. So… what’s my challenge? Well, let’s see…

1. Never spend any RL$ in game.
    2. Never accept any gifts (neither in RL$, PEDs or items).
    3. Never accept any in-game benefits for out-of-game actions (like partner programs).
    4. Never buy things from other people, so if I’ll want anything better than what I can buy from TT, then I’ll have to learn to craft it myself; the only exception to this rule is the possibility to buy BPs (blueprints).

Trying to resume this in a single phrase/rule? Well, then probably it would be just “avoid any meta-gaming mechanics” – as in if it involves real life resources (other than time :p) or other peoples’ good will, I will just not do it. :)

I am not a "nolifer" being in game 12 hours every day and, as already said, I am not (and will not be) a depositer and, finally, I don't like to powerlevel my way through the game, but enjoy it at my own pace. That will totally rule me out from any society that has hardcore requirements from its members. On the other hand, I'm a daily player (play time varying from 1 to 4 hours per day), I'm good to my word (as in if there is a planned activity to which I commit, then it's a 99.99% chance that I'll be there), I like group activities and I can be a team player when needed and, also, I'm quite a sociable girl.

What am I looking for

By far, the most important thing I'm looking for are the people in the society. Having to chose between a society with no perks/actions, but with great people and a society with all possible perks/actions, but unpleasant people, I will choice the first one without hesitation.

The society size may also represent an issue in my case. I don't like for a really small society with only 3-4-5 people, which would leave me alone most of the day, just as I don't like huge societies with 50+ members (and maybe in many cases much more than this :p) which for me nolonger look like a group/family, but a crowd. What I am looking for is a small-medium society, probably something with ~25 total active members, ~10 members online at peak times and 3-4-5 members online at almost any hour.

About perks/actions... well... anything is a bonus, but as I already said... they are just that, bonuses, not the main factor weighting in my decision.

Soo... think you have an offer for me... feel free to PM here. I don't live on forum, but I'll try to check it at least once every day. :) Thank you for your time reading my open application. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Welcome! Welcome! x 2
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  2. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

Benevolence is always accepting more players. There is no requirement for time spent, or level. We have members of all levels, play times, depo / non depo.... We just have fun, and try to work together when we can. Generally 3-5+ on at most times of the day, 10+ during peak times. Our members like to help each other advance, we answer questions, and like to help out. We have an active Teamspeak server, and yes... I DO need to spend more time on the website..... but it has a TON of links with great information to help out. http://eubenevolence.enjin.com

This game runs on reputation, and good deeds carry you a long way. Good luck with your choice in a Society. :thumbsup:

3. Xarkon

Xarkon New Member

Welcome to the Entropia Universe!
    We welcome you to join Virtual Legends! Society has been around since 2007. There are no rules - except to be polite :)
    Welcome to leave at any time, no pressure; very laid-back and casual Soc :D

We have people form all over the world, so your morning and evenings will be filled with online friends.
    Quite a few Australian, American, Asian, European and other Humans are among us.

We promote your Society-rank based on Professional level, whether Sweater, Miner, Hunter, Crafter etc.

Hope you find what you are looking for LoveFall and HAVE FUN! :D

4. TechKen

TechKen Active Member

Another option is The Knights of Entropia. We welcome new players and aim to be helpful...
    We usually run close to the 200 memeber mark, but there's usually a spot or two open.

Also, the Players Guide, that was linked in your introduction thread, was one of our joint efforts to help guide and develop new players in this amazing game.

See, you have many choices... :) Pick your flavor and enjoy!

http://www.theknightsofentropia.com/

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lovefall

Thank you a lot for all three offers presented in this thread, but all these societies look a bit too big and crowded for me, so I'm still looking. :) If you have an offer for me please don't hesitate to send me a PM either here or in game. :)

Cheers! :)

6. Lazz

Lazz Active Member

Feel free to check out WildD3amons if u like to :)
    We are atm 3 active soc that work together but we use a chat channel so we can comunicate with each other .
    Though goals i wish u the best in acomplish them m8 :)

7. Lovefall

BUMP - still looking. :)

8. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

I don't know about other times of day, but A.N.G.E.L.S. have a lot of people, but usually I just see 3-4 in my timezone, also I'm not too chatty, I rather stay in my corner, anyway lots of friendly people here just need to apply

9. Enigma

Enigma Member

if these socs are crowded better you make your own and invite 1 or 2 friends to join. Usually socs are crowded so....idk any other way.

10. Lovefall

Hahaha... I don't have what it takes to be a leader. :)

I'm more like a follower, but I have to find the right leader to follow. :)

11. Lovefall

Found out the society I was looking for, so please close this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.