1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[PLEASE CLOSE] Looking to join a society - take two

Discussion in 'SocTalk' started by Lovefall, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

Hyellow! :)

Tried before and failed to find what I was looking for, but since some time passed, decided to give it another try. :) And I think I can easily split my post in two parts - the first part about who I am and what can I contribute to a society and the second part about what I expect from a society.

Who am I

Decided to put all section under a spoiler since I already posted in on a few other places, and don't wanna spam - if you already know it from my profile or my blog, feel free to jump to what I look for part of the post

About me (in Real Life)

Well, I’m a 1x years old girl from Romania, or if that name doesn’t ring any bell to you, from Transylvania (home land of Dracula) and I may or may not be a vampire and/or somehow related with the mentioned character. :) Please don’t ask what the x stands for – it may as well stand for a low digit and have the role of hiding my childishness and make myself look a bit more mature, as well as it can stand for a high digit and represent the desperate cry from a young woman still holding on her childhood. :p If you want to be safe though, you can always presume it is “5″ – you can’t be wrong with more than 4 years then – hahaha.

I love mountain trips, books, chess and computer games, and since that last one is probably a passion we both share, I’ll tell you a few more things about it. I was lucky (or is it unlucky? :p) enough to have an older brother which was an avid gamer and before letting me play the “modern games” he forced me to spend at least a week on each of the “classics” so I’m at least somehow familiar with the “history of gaming” – so I’m probably one of the very few people in my generation that is familiar with games likes Heroes I, Dune II or Civilization II. :) Among my all time favorites – Civilization, Heroes or Sims series if we talk about single player games or LotRO and WURM if we talk about MMOs (I picked one theme park and one sandbox :p).

About me (in Entropia Universe)

I created my Entropia Universe account on Valentine’s Day – on February 14th, and start effectively playing one week later – on February 21st, 2015, on planet Arkadia, and it don’t took long to realize that I’m totally sold to the game; and if you want to ever PM me in game, the name is Lovefall (or Kiddoo Lovefall Kiddoo if you’re looking for the full name). :p I have many dreams and goals in game, but probably the biggest one is to manage to come to the point where to be totally self sufficient, as in being able to survive with only what I gather and craft myself, without having to buy other people’s wares, without spending RL$ and without counting on any external help/income sources.

I also must be a true masochist, because I set myself an extra challenge about the game, and, at least according to what everyone that saw it said, quite a crazy one. :p Truth being said though, the reason for doing this is not only that I love hard challenges and competing against the odds, but also that my (self-diagnosed) OCD needs a consistent play style, with clear rules and boundaries, and with little room for external factors. So… what’s my challenge? Well, let’s see…

1. Never spend any RL$ in game (neither direct or indirect), except an initial deposit of $50 (the Gold Starting Package – $40, the Bronze Starting Package – $5 and 50 PEDs – $5) that I won as part of some deal involving some RL online work from my side.

2. Never accept any gifts (neither in RL$, PEDs or items) from anyone else; also, try to limit the contacts with other people only to social ones - as in not really grouping or working for.

3. Never buy materials or items from other people, so if I’ll want anything better than what I can buy from TT, then I’ll have to learn to craft it myself; the only exception from this rule are BPs (blueprints) or items no longer achievable by any other ways.

More things about me on: lovefall.blog.com

I am not a "nolifer" being in game 12 hours every day and, as already said, I am not (and will not be) a depositer and, finally, I don't like to powerlevel my way through the game, but enjoy it at my own pace. That will totally rule me out from any society that has hardcore requirements from its members. On the other hand, I'm a daily player (play time of around four hours per day), I'm good to my word (as in if there is a planned activity to which I commit, then it's a 99.99% chance that I'll be there), I like group activities and I can be a team player when needed and, also, I'm quite a sociable girl.

What I'm looking for

Well, I won't be a hypocrite, and I would admit that one of the things I expect from a society is to make my live easier. Now that doesn't mean that I expect to have freebies hand out to me on a constant base, but something like having some crafter buy my small stacks of loot at a fair price or a hunter hire me for some healing jobs would be something that I would definitely appreciate. Also group actions like team hunts or so, sound like a lot of fun. :)

But by far, the most important thing I'm looking for are the people in the society. Having to chose between a society with no perks/actions, but with great people and a society with all possible perks/actions, but with unpleasant people, I will choice the first one without the slightest hesitation.

The society size may also represent an issue in my case. I don't like to joint a new formed, really small society with only 3-4-5 people, that is very likely to disband in the close future and where I would be alone most of the day, just as I don't like huge societies with 50-100-200 members, which for me nolonger look like a group/family, but a crowd. What I am looking for is a small-medium society, that already standed the test of time, with probably something like ~20-30 total active members, ~10-15 members online at peak times and ~5 members online at almost any time. A general rule I always had is that a society that puts quantity before quality and that pretty much accepts anyone, no questions asked, is something I definitely don't want for myself.

Also, I have to say that I kinda dislike the idea of a militaristic structure, where "ranks" really matter and where I have to do something just because the "colonel'' or the "general" says so; for me you will never be a "colonel" or a "general", but just a "friend", "pal", "buddy" or "guildie" and I will listen to anything that sounds logic, argumented and common sense, but not something like "you are not allowed to be friend or hunt with people from society X" (yeah, I was actually told that some societies has such rules). :)

Finally, I want a society with a clean, family friendly chat. I can understand that slips may happen every now and then, but I'm really not willing to hear people constantly swearing or talking about sex, drugs, alcohool, etc.

Soo... think you have an offer for me... feel free to PM here. I don't live on forum, but I'll try to check it at least once every day. :) Thank you for your time reading my open application. :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  2. Zont

Zont Member

Sounds like a soc i would like ti joinet ! Count me in :banana:

3. Lovefall

Daily bump; still looking. :)

4. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

My soc pretty much fits all that criteria though its a mature group so there may be that odd 'blue' chat but its pretty tame most of the time.And is not all guys, we have some well skilled females in the group also and they are always willing to help out.

Our soc is pretty laid back,no skill or skilling requirements,you are free to play at your own pace and budget and we are spread over a couple planets so there is always someone to answer any questions.(besides we have unlimited access to a motherships and privateer if thats needed at any time.)

At peak times we'll have ten+ players on but there is generally always someone on no matter what time of day it is due to having members from all over the world (though most are aussies we still have a fair mix of nationalities )

If it sounds like what you might be interested in you now to find me ;)

P.S. you have a mentor dont you?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Zont

Zont Member

Count me in :)

6. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

contact me in game if your interested mate....Jod jod Ekul

Or just contact anyone from Antipodean Army and tell em Jod sent ya ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spawn

Spawn Active Member

Try my society

Odysseus unbound

Odysseusunbound.enjin.com

8. krazykat

krazykat Active Member

You could always start your own if you can't find exactly what you want :)

9. Lovefall

Found out the society I was looking for, so please close this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.