1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing with Real Money: Colonizing Virtual Worlds

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by narfi, May 13, 2011.

1. narfi

narfi Active Member Pro Users

I have started a new blog (my first real one) and will keep it updated with the progress of Narfi my avatar as well as News from around the Universe (the threads from various forums that caught my eye) and information about the game that I think may be helpful to people.

Feed back is welcome :)

Playing with Real Money: Colonizing Virtual Worlds

thanks,

narfi

• Like Like x 1
  2. narfi

3. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Active Member Pro Users

yeah that make me thinking.
    if you find that everyday between 8 and 9 AM Snarksnot give 120% TT return and you start using that is that an exploit too.
    and who is balancing the system so everything goes down to low MU? MindArk or the players by hinting/mining/crafting more where the MU is bigger?

4. Telgard

Telgard Member

If they take money out of the system in a standard way, it's more likely to be design like the US lottery system. Each world or the entire universe would then be built on a dynamic code that basically gives .99 cents back for every 1 turned over as the whole system is run through.
    Based on your example of Snarksnot: The system would not be as simple as between 8 and 9AM Snarksnot give 120% TT return. It would be random 20%-200% TT Return with some cycle throughout the day... these cycles could then last a few days, a weekend, or an entire week which would account for certain times getting certain TT returns at the same time on certain days. These cycles can be changed and could also be set to change at random intervals...
    All of these cycles would then be designed to give .XXX of every dollar for every complete cycle.
    Both MindArk and the players determine the MU of an item. The difference being that if MA notices a monopoly or some flaw in the economy, they can change the item's drop frequency. Its a balancing game for the whole system and players play there part.

5. narfi

I don't think there is a 'magical' time when you will get more than 100% returns guaranteed. Sure you could get lucky and have a good run, but that is just luck, not something you could have pre-determined. My discussion of 'exploiting' is based purely on the markup of items and the ability to use that to your advantage before everyone and their mother is doing the same thing and driving the mu down below what is beneficial.

This is how I see it as well, and my point is that it is always changing so it is up to us the players to discover what the 'new' monopoly is and take advantage of that before the balancing is adjusted either by MA with drop rate adjustment, or by the players by over camping that mob or resource untill it is so common that the markup is too low to be beneficial any more.

narfi

6. narfi

7. narfi

New post up!
    Playing with Real Money: Colonizing Virtual Worlds: May 2011 Q&A from Neverdie

The interesting points for me were,
    1. NDS only working on Rocktropia now.
    2. Blueprints and UL items potentialy as soon as the next vu.
    3. Some more information about the studios relationship with DA.
    4. Wave events soon!
    5. Beacon or Instanced type events wont be happening soon :(
    6. plenty more, but you get the idea.

Playing with Real Money: Colonizing Virtual Worlds: May 2011 Q&A from Neverdie

enjoy,

narfi

8. narfi

9. narfi

10. narfi

11. narfi

12. narfi

13. narfi

14. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Active Member Pro Users

do u have to pay montly fee for that estate?
    coz I dont want to win the right to pay 1 more tax every month :surrender: