1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Player Essentials" images load slow

Discussion in 'About Arkadia Forums' started by Colbey Kal, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Colbey Kal

Colbey Kal Member

Hi,

When using my phone to browse arkadiaforum.com most things load at a normal speed, but the images on the home screen in "Player Essentials" (link to Dave's posts ect.) are slow. (30 sec v. 5-10 sec) This is very minor, but I figured it's bothered me often enough that I may not be alone.

Thanks,

2. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

Hi Colbey

There's a lot going on with the player essentials widget, it's in fact multiple images. Once it's cached (you've downloaded them all once) it should be a much faster load time.

3. Colbey Kal

Colbey Kal Member

True, the second time viewing in a day it loads at a good pace. Still, it shouldn't take so long to DL / view them the first time - if I was on my computer with a normal cache, I'd be playing the game... not reading about playing the game. :p It seems like they are either stored somewhere else, with a horribly slow connection, or they are huge files with tiny display sizes. (not optimized for web sites**.)

Really not a big deal, just let'n you know there's actually something that could be improved. :D

Keep up the good work.

**EDIT: The grey frame loads fine, it's the buttons that are slow. I would guess when they were made they were created in a scale to do detail work, or they kept the original photos's detail level / color pallet and didn't get the final revision for being on a website.

4. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

Just photoshop slices optimised, but there is some code there to randomise the video bits on it... i'll have a bit of a look when i get home from work tonight.

On another somewhat related note, I'll be creating a simple skin for mobile devices - I have been too busy to make this a priority lately, but when i get some time it will be a low bandwidth version of the website.