1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planet Arkadia - Release Notes 17.22.0

Discussion in 'Planet Arkadia Release Notes & Updates' started by Zephyrus, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator PAF Senior Mod Planet Arkadia Official

Arkadia VU Release Notes 19th September 2023.

8 Coins
    As "Roar of the 8 Coins" has evolved, accompanied by a significant drop in tax rates to 0%, we've witnessed an overwhelmingly positive response from the Arkadians engaged in hunting and mining within the 8 Coins region.

In light of this resounding approval and the newfound enthusiasm it has generated, we have made the decision to eliminate all taxes within the entire area. Furthermore, we intend to phase out the landareas, as they have become obsolete in the wake of this exciting new era of tax-free hunting and mining at 8 Coins.

"When I returned to Arkadia and witnessed the remarkable success of the Wrath Unleashed - Roar of the 8 Coins event, skillfully executed by our team, and the enthusiastic response from our fellow Arkadians, I realized that the path forward was clear: removing taxes from 8 coins and revitalizing the historic mining grounds that 8 Coins was originally" expressed Mathias, CEO of Arkadia.

8 Coins HQ Town

[​IMG]
    We thought the 8 Coins headquarters area lacked substance with only a single teleporter and an empty building. To address this, we expanded it into a complete town featuring residences and parks.

The estates will become accessible in the near future, rolled out in batches.

Creature Spawns Adjustments

Creatures spawns on all Arkadia territories were adjusted.

Adjustments made where needed:
    • Reduced respawn time on some spawns
    • Added some clustered spawns inside or near the existing spawns (high density lower respawn times)
    We will continue to adjust the creatures spawns based on players feedback so don’t hesitate to send us suggestions on that matter.

[​IMG]

NEW Daily Missions
    • Mining / Crafting
      Based on players feedback you can now get 3 crafting daily missions and 3 mining daily missions
      (one for each Arkadian Territory - UG / Moon / Ark Surface)

• Weekly Bonus mission
      You can now get a bonus weekly mission from Mysterious Traveler that awards Daily Insignias for completing all dailies within 7 days.

• Weekly 25 mining globals
      You can now get a bonus weekly mission from Mysterious Traveler with Daily Insignia reward for scoring 25 mining globals.
    Mysterious Merchant

All particle Blueprints are now available at the Mysterious merchant in exchange for Arkadia Daily Insignias

Smuggler Labs Entrance

Revive / Trade / Repair terminals were added at the entrance to the Smuggler Labs instance.

Twen Token Trader

A Twen Token Trader was added at Celeste Quarry

Other Changes

• Optimizations for reducing lag in some areas
    • Terrain adjustments and fixes.

And as always if you have any questions or comments i am only a DM away ingame or on Arkadia Discord https://discord.gg/wZZAJQWqyz.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Starkiller

Starkiller Active Member

It's looking good!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Granny Rowan

Granny Rowan Active Member

A good VU for Ark and love the development and ideas for the old 8 coins areas.
    But sadly disappointed with the updates to the dailies. Was hoping for something different for the crafting, as the current crafting dailies have no interest for most crafters, but we are forced to do them if we wish to do the weekly etc. Waste of time and ped.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator PAF Senior Mod Planet Arkadia Official

Hi! Glad that you love the ark development, regarding the daily that is a system we will continue to build upon in the future. If you have any questions please DM me. Good luck and see you around Arkadia!

5. AckerZ

AckerZ Member

Do you get the mining missions from the same NPC, I don't seem to be able to get the AU and AM mining missions only the crafting and hunting?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zephyrus

Hi! That are correct, you get it from the mysterious stranger, based on players feedback you can now get 3 crafting daily missions and 3 mining daily missions (one for each Arkadian Territory - UG / Moon / Ark Surface)

7. AckerZ

AckerZ Member

Is it possible there is a bug with these mining missions.

I had one running on Ark Planet for Ospra, then the mission name switched to ark moon and any further Ark Planet deposits I get no longer seem to count toward the mission. I have never been offered the mining mission on Ark Moon or Underground. Am I missing something?

8. Heidi Stassinopolis

Heidi Stassinopolis Active Member

THis is the same for me, I have a mining mission open from before the VU so is it possible that is why we can't see the AU and AM mining missions?

• Like Like x 1
  9. AckerZ

AckerZ Member

Managed to fix it by simply cancelling the mission then they all appear. Bit tedious to lose my progress on that daily - free insignia for my troubles Zeph? ^^

• Like Like x 1
  10. alfa

alfa Member

Hi.
    You moved a building from the arrival area to 8 Coin Headquarters and added Some buildings with stores and apartments. But you didn't do it very neatly. Some road signs were moved as is and now point in the wrong direction. At Resolute Firebase, some lampposts (?) are hanging in the air above the ground.

Earlier, after getting a passport, the Arrival Officer gave a mission, which was a mini-story and in the course of its fulfillment awarded some equipment and things, including a Hoverpod. Now this officer is silent (perhaps this bug is inherent in a particular player avatar). I couldn't find some of the NPCs who participated in this scenario. For example, the NPCs who gave out the hoverpod and helmet have disappeared. Did you turn off this mission and now newcomers can't get these things?

Previously, to join the IFN it was enough to finish this introductory story and talk to the recruiter to get the corresponding mission. Now you have to talk to the guide NPCs in the building you moved to and only then will the recruiter talk to you. There are no instructions for this and the player can only randomly discover this mission. You have completely redesigned and ruined the introductory missions. There is no need for a new recruit to go to the new HQ, which means they won't soon find an opportunity to join IFN, if at all, over the years of playing the game. In my opinion these changes should have been reflected in the patch log, for this devaluation of Arkadia citizenship is no less important a change than, for example, changes in mob spawns.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
  11. alfa

alfa Member

I don't understand what's going on. During this update you apparently broke the citizenship newbie mission.

A two week report on this has been waiting for a response. Is it hard to go and check that key NPCs just disappeared? And answer us at least something. Zephyrus was visiting the forum during this time. Or is he only posting but not reading?

12. Venture Bros

Venture Bros Member

Another two weeks and no response