1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piron Weaponry

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by ArchAngel, Nov 30, 2013.

1. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

After a few months on hiatus from the worlds of Entropia, I return and immediately start looting various Piron brand weapons. I've found them to be an acceptable alternative to their higher priced Herman cousins.

A couple of questions for my fellow Arkadians that may have some knowledge on these mysterious weapons:

Are they statistically comparable to the Herman weapons?

Their description does not designate any recommended amps. Has anybody attached amps to these weapons with success?

Thanks for any insight!

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Pirons are pretty damn good compared to an equivalent (based on SIB requirement) Herman.

Before MU and amping, eco is about the same as the more eco Hermans: 2.874 - 2.876 dpp. But there are a couple of factors that really help the Piron.

1. Piron have low decay. So a lower proportion of their cost per click is in weapon decay compared to the hermans. This means that MU has less impact on dpp. That's great for people selling the weapons. And as a buyer, you can afford to pay a little more without hurting your cost to kill too much as most of the cost is actually in ammo.

2. Piron have high fire rate. So the impact of amps on dpp and dps is magnified. If you use an eco amp that's really gonna boost your over all eco. If you are focusing on dps then thats gonna get a significant boost also. The trade off is that their max damage is lower than an equivalent Herman so they can't take as big an amp. Even so I have found I can get higher dps on piron with smaller amp than I get on Herman with larger amp. Of course if you use an uneco amp then your dpp is going to really suffer. It's worth looking at combinations in Entropedia.

One thing to be aware of is that Pirons won't last as long as Hermans. They have around 10k shots at full TT compared to around 8k for Hermans but the high fire rate and lower dam per shot means that they are used up more quickly and don't do as much total damage (= less mobs killed per gun)

Also as these weapons are looted there is the issue of reliability of supply. Right now there is a high supply in auction but I wonder if that will continue. You can always buy the herman you want from a variety of crafters (eg me :p)

My view is that the drop rate on the Pirons is a little too high. My weapon sales are down by around 20% this last month. Heck, I'm buying Pirons myself. I would suggest making the most of the current supply and stocking up on the ones that you want to use.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

Great info, thanks KJ.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Though if we all stock up on them, they will probably stop dropping.

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Though if we all hoard them, they will probably stop dropping. It may be better to use them up or at least sell them to people who will use them so they keep dropping and providing good MU for hunting loot.