1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oratan Puny Thug Mission ( Spoiler IFN Mission Daily )

Discussion in 'Creatures' started by SallyBridges, Dec 29, 2014.

Please Can We have a Dedidicated Oratan Thug Puny Spawn

Poll closed Jan 12, 2015.
  1. Yes Please Sir

81.8%
  2. No Thanks Go Hunt Them All

18.2%
  1. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Hi ya,

I have now advanced up the IFN Chain to Lance Corperal but am struggling with the next mission chain.

The next mission chain is for Oratan Puny Thug and there currently seams to be no dedicated spawns for these only mixed.

Please can we have a perpose spawn for these as currently can take anywhere from 1 hour to 1hr 20 mins to just get the right mob.

Love the chain but its shall we say a little frustrating although a great ped saver.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  2. ceaseer

ceaseer Member

Implacable Firebase has a great spawn with a good amount being Thugs. They are right by the base so you can always turret the others.

3. May

May Active Member

Linked this thread, but read it wrong.
    So edit to nvm. :wink:

4. ceaseer

ceaseer Member

Would like to see thieves, looters, bandits, etc also count towards the mission instead of a dedicated spawn.

5. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Yep been there and it takes over an hour just to get 100 thugs done this x3 times now so i guess only 4 more to go
    and if theres more than one of you there you are waiting for respawns ;( with a LOT of people comming up through the chain this could get a lot worse as well and is a case of perseverance currently.

I would guess these might be comming up again further in the IFN mission chain. we are only on private & lance corporal currently.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  6. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

It's great to get feedback on this, we'll see what we can do.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

well spawn is terrible, fortunatelly we found a way around but I would be interested in a better rewarding, at least some pec on skills I also would like to have some missions that gives stamina. I believe the missions that give ammo should be all directed to the very starting playes, because regardless all people willing to help newcomers we all know how hard is to be a new avatar.

8. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

Well, issue a bit different than your poll, so can't vote on it.
    We need dedicated spawn for _all_ maturities of Oratan Prospectors (maybe each spawn at different FB).
    I'm doing next one now (Bandits), as result of course I'm facing same issue I had before - a lot of Thugs around and almost no Bandits, since I just killed them all. :facepalm:

9. May

May Active Member

So you would be the ideal guy to hunt with for people doing the Thug missions?
    Hehe, if I could get in-game, I would give you a call to hookup. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Active Member Pro Users

Is it me or now Oratans fall partly under the sand when killed

11. Abdul Nomad Sabur

Abdul Nomad Sabur Member

Last night was doing the daily mission "kill 100 oratan prospector puny", got 2/100 under the ground.
    Was able to loot them pulling the mob bar and looting the bar.

12. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

If dedicated spawns for each maturity are even possible I'm not sure if that's such a good idea. They will take up a lot of space unless they're very small and that achieves nothing. Since Nikto now has problems with too many Thugs it does look like the spawns are working ok and the best way to do these missions is not specifically target only the maturity you need. I've been doing that for the last couple of days and it works ok. Don't get me wrong, I still give priority to Thugs, but I don't run around the spawn for 5 minutes looking for one, I just kill the others. I also wonder how much of this issue is really due to the fact that a lot of us are doing the same mission. Once the initial wave has passed, we should get people targeting different maturities in the same spawn and balancing each other.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mathias | Arkadia

Mathias | Arkadia The Chief Whip Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Next VU will have multiple spawns, with different maturity in them so it shouldn't be a problem finding the ones they ask you to take care of...

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Active Member Pro Users

Any date set in stone?

15. Mathias | Arkadia

Mathias | Arkadia The Chief Whip Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

As usual you need to wait for Mindark to publish the final date for the update, but as most seasoned Arkadian players know the update usually happens around early March each year

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. wournos

wournos Active Member

I suspect many will have finished the Thug mission by then. For me, tagging and killing works reasonably well. It takes time but that's life.

17. ElbryanWolf

ElbryanWolf Member

I finally moved up a notch on my mission chain to thugs... tried the other fire base that has thugs, thieves and another one. Took me about 1.5 hour to clear the 100 thugs with my trusty ASI-R. Had to kill a crap load of thieves and other maturities along the way but was quite fun anyways :) A lot longer than the punys but a bit more chanllanging with the ASI-R at least ;)

18. May

May Active Member

Again, great that the Ark devs listen to the opinions/suggestions of the majority. [​IMG]

Still, by the next VU the 'teething' problems would likely have dissolved naturally (anyway)?
    If/when the first big wave of hunters have finished those missions, and the spawns are not over-hunted anymore.
    (See Sniq's post above.)
    It's nice that it's being addressed, though personally I still wouldn't mind if becoming a General would require a lot of time & dedication. (It was what I expected in the first place.)

In the mean time, in true military fashion: working together can help overcome problems that are hard to tackle solo. :wink: