1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Okay, Whats wrong with this picture?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by zume, Feb 28, 2012.

1. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

View attachment 3512

Okay apart from the pretty crappy return, whats wrong with this picture?? I can reveal that this is my total return from a 12 (.6 as I looted 6k ammo) ped CARABOK hunt.. Were I just really unlucky, or did the change in loot distribution fuck up something??

Can the devs and other carabok hunters shed some light on this??

PS: Its my first Carabok hunt since the change of the distribution as ive been on caly untill last night..

2. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

mostly cause your too skilled to kill carabok i think. i have the same issue. The thing is to track your skill gains though cause sometimes i've found loosing on a mob like carabok is pretty cheep skilling.

3. zume

Its not the loss I was referring to.. I said apart from the pretty crappy return.. Whats missing in this picture?? Hint: its green and very mob specific..

4. Kevlie

Kevlie Member

Carabok skin? ^^

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

In 300 carabok, I'd definitely expect to see some hides. But as we've seen, individual items seem to be very dynamic, especially on the carabok, and long runs of hideless hunts seem to be fairly common....

If I go out and hunt them, I'll probably get hides in the first 5 kills.

6. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

You were probably just unlucky with that run. 12 ped is not enough PED cycling to draw any conclusions. Maybe try a larger hunt next (200+ PED) and come back with that data? We may see some differences :)

7. zume

yeah I know.. it's just NEVER happened before to me.. and ive easily killed somewhere on the high side of 25k of them.. I guess I was just a little shocked.. heh.. But like Neil said its around 300-350 caraboks (was shooting with Emik S30 which does a little more dmg for the same amount of ammo as the S2100).. Ah well the future will tell if I was just really unlucky.. Thnx for responding guys.. :)

8. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

I didn't get any hides from those in my hunt as well. So I won't hunt them again untill someone says there has been a noticeable improvement in drop rate. Se la vie.

9. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

hides dropping always seems to be in ratio of how many are out there. So if you see/hear someone doing a run on crafting them thats when you hunt them. Also location sometimes seems to be a factor. I find the quarry rarely loots them as much as some of the far off academies.

10. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I'll do a hunt to see if I get them to drop.

Edit:
    Hunted a bunch (maybe 60) no hides at all, mostly extractors and residue.

11. unicorn

unicorn Active Member Pro Users

12. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi Zume,

where did you hunt them?

I haven't verified but can't help to have the feeling that there's 2 kinds of Carabok out there meanwhile.
    Still looting Carabok hides in the Academys, but haven't got one yet outside. At the road from the newbie supply depot to Celeste, for instance.

Hope this helps. Try yourself.

Have a good time!

13. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Interesting because since the update I've hunted Bokol and Jori and have gotten tons of skins. I was actually thinking they increased the skin drops lol. I have not hunted the carabok since update yet but last time I hunted them it was sparatic if I got skins or not, 20 ped ammo get no skins and goto CP get 20 ped more ammo go back get lots of carabok skins. I have stated this before in another thread and thought that was wierd then. Try to do mutliple runs see if this still happens it may still be an existing wierd issue from a prior update.