1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nusul

Discussion in 'Creatures' started by Jenny ferr, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

New thread being maintained by May, can be found here:
    Nusul

Description:

While the Nusul looks cute enough to play with, new colonists are advised to approach it with preparation and caution.

Despite its friendly looking nose, it can be somewhat aggressive when provoked, doing damage when it throws its full weight in the direction of it's attacker.

Nevertheless, a herd of Nusul can be a great place to get some early hunting training and collect some of it's hide.

Creature Type:
    Animal

Damage Type:
    100% Impact

Statistical data:
    Nusul

IFN Challange
    View attachment 5813

Maturities:
    Young
    Mature
    Old
    Provider
    Guardian
    Dominant
    Alpha
    Old Alpha
    Prowler
    Stalker

For loots please use any of these sources and please help to keep them updated and correct.
    Entropedia.info
    EP wiki

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
  2. Manique

Manique Member

Young 330 HP
    Mature 380 HP
    Old 400 HP
    Provider 510 HP

This is what i got for now

3. unicorn

unicorn Active Member Pro Users

do not open if you want to discover it yourself

=)

[​IMG]
    :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

preliminary tests shows that Nusul Young does 7.5-15.0 dmg unarmored, and Mature 8.5-17.0 unarmored - Dont have armor to test dmg types, but Adj Pixie does not protect fully..

Been informed that Alpha (L9) has a Stamina of 57 and therefore most likely 570 HP, Old Alpha (L11) 62 Stam (620 HP), Prowler (L11) 64 Stam (640 HP)

5. New York Rose

New York Rose Active Member

6. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

7. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

If you're used to hunting mobs of similar hp you should be able to handle these without armor pretty easily. Will make very cute pets, and the Lvl numbers are low too, in case that makes them easier to tame.

8. Pauhe Gunor

Pauhe Gunor Member

Anyone know where the high maturity are like Alpha + ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

You can try north of Cobra dig site and south west of Celeste Harbour

10. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

Come on guys, are you serious? It looks like a mutated Yoshi from Super Mario :)
    I really love Arkadia and I am always ready for a good jokle, but that one? Isn't that a bit to much "comic style?

11. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

A few players have been confused with the Sentosa area when looking for Nusul? Could we clarify this area?

Cheers
    Bjorn

12. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Sentosa is the name of the whole continent.

If you are looking for higher level Oratan Slashers, they are located south (across the water) from Sanctuary Cove TP.

Nusul can be found west of Celeste Harbour (higher maturity closer to the beach) and also north of Cobra digsite up in the jungle.

13. DaisyColdFinger

DaisyColdFinger Member

Yea its a bit over the top, looks like something that will appeal to the telletubby crowd visually LMAO. HOWEVER, having said that, at the end of the day its about the loot.

Still just thinking about killing those little things kinda drives my thoughts to those horrific images of baby seal clubbing.
    View attachment 3598
    Can you dig it ....

14. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

killed some stalkers N of Cobra. Started in my usual Shogun, got dam up to 20+, and no full protection (1 dam). Switched to Goblin/5A, max. dam went down to ~12, and quite often I had just 1 dam. Smells like an impact mob?

Anyway, Goblin/5A did much better.

Else, mob is cool, I love it. Something different. Perfectly suits the Ostelok, they are rather strange, too. Think we can accept a bit of smiling in game?

Loot could be better, in my case ...

Have a good time!

15. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I think it's a great mob. Many animals are cute IRL, you know. They don't all look like monsters. :) I think they will become THE group-sweating mob on Arkadia; Hadraadas just aren't working for that, I suspect they're a little too intimidating to newbies. These mobs have a lower attack rate and very low damage done, so that should be ideal.

At least they don't come in assorted rainbow colors, now that would be over the top.

16. nirfu

nirfu Member

Would be fun if they could introduse a mob that looks cute until they attack. I have a dog at home, he's cute, but when he raises his upper lip and show the teeths, he's not cute anymore...

17. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

Oh, I have no problem with them, but as I first saw them I could'nt stop to laugh and was thinking someone is joking me :)

18. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

27242,10950 - Young -> Provider

26916,9763 - Old -> Prowler

19. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

It’s been said nusul are 100% impact but I haven’t seen any tests confirming that so I did some tests of my own. The short story is that they are 100% impact but rather than just presenting my results I want to take you through the process I used as some people have asked me about it in game.

It’s really handy if max damage for each maturity is already known to you. Luckily this has generally been worked out and is available in Entropedia.
    The aim is to take a single blow from a mob and measure the decay on your armour. I use a vtol to land near the mob I have picked, provoke it and then get in my vtol as soon as I take damage.
    To accurately measure the decay I use a process known as the fruit test. Rather than explain in detail I will link to a discussion. I use blazer fragments, but you can use fruit, ammo, novas (maybe sweat?)
    http://www.entropedia.info/Page.aspx?page=Calculate+the+decay+of+an+item

Once you have measured the decay you use that to work out how much protection was provided by your armour. The decay for a given amount of protection is well known and is discussed in this article http://www.entropedia.info/Page.aspx?page=Armor+Decay
    But I want to work in the other direction. I’ve created a spreadsheet with a sheet for each armour and plate I use that lists the decay for each amount of damage in increments of 0.1 damage. You can find a copy here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoSgtHhMq_Z_dEVqUnl3bXowVDM3
    So for example, settler armour, decay of 0.052 pec, I can see that the armour had provided 1 pt of protection.
    Once I know the protection offered I can look at the types of damages protected by that armour and try to draw some conclusions.

On to the Nusul tests....
    Since we have a hypothesis that Nusul is 100% impact then I do tests with that in mind. I pick armour that includes impact and little else and I look for a high maturity mob so that as much damage as possible is done, ensuring that the armour offers its maximum protection.

Test 1: BodyGuard vs Prowler – 18.2 damage gets through. Armour decays 0.08 pec.
    Using my spreadsheet I see that is equivalent, to 1.5 damage. Bodyguard offers 1.5 impact, 3.0 penetration so we know that only impact damage was done. Nusul does impact, no penetration.

Test 2: I try to take a short cut and use Adj Pixie vs stalker because AdjPixie has a lot of different protections. – 16.7 damage, 0.727 pec decay. That decay is 11 protection. That’s consistant with the amount of impact protection offered by AdjPixie so I am tempted to eliminate Cold, Cut, Stab,Acid, Electrical. However, I realise that it is possible that mob damage did less than 11 impact damage and it is possible that one of the other protections is used. It’s late at night and it’s easier to do more tests than to start playing around with different scenarios.

Test 3. Settler vs Stalker: 17.5 damage, 0.052 decay. That’s the same as 1 protection. We already know that impact is involved and with the minimal protection offered by settler, it will be offering max protection so that 1 is impact damage and the other damage types protected by settler can be eliminated: no pen, burn, cut, stab

Test 4. Settler+ 5D plates vs Old Alpha – 20.4 damage, no decay on the plates. Therefore Nusuls don’t do any damage that the plates protect from. No pen,cold,cut,stab,acid. In hindsight I should have done this test instead of the AdjPixe

Test 5,. Settler + 6b vs stalker – 22.8 damage, plate decay is 0.294 pec which is equivalent to 5 protection. Now the plates offer 5 impact, 12 electric. If there was any electrical damage we would have seen more decay, given the amount of damage that got through. So there is no electrical damage.

I don’t have gear to test for shrapnel damage and it is very uncommon. Lets pretend that a nusul has no way of lobbing a grenade at you. So based on the tests above I conclude what that nusuls only do impact damage.
    Now if it had been determined that they did more than one damage type then there would be a modified process to determine the damages. I generally work out the damage types first and then work out the % in a separate series of tests. Experienced players like Oleg work out a lot of that stuff as they go along but I like to do it in stages. I’ll save the discussion of % for another mob.

I hope this has been useful rather than confusing and gives you some insight into how to work this stuff out.
    Perhaps you can try it on a mob where you already know the answer. Or have a go at the raptor.

Edit: I see googledocs doesn't like my defined names in my uploaded spreadsheet. Not sure what its problem is and its too late at night. If you download the spreadsheet and open with excel it may all just work?

• Like Like x 1
  20. cute781217

cute781217 Active Member Pro Users

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.