1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now recruiting DJ's

Discussion in 'Radio Arkadia' started by Fishface, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Fishface

Fishface Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Coming soon: The greatest Rock station that EU has ever seen is now recruiting!

Anyone can stream music online. We are looking for more.

* Do you have a personality that is greater than that of a noodle?

* Are you creative? Do you enjoy the creative process?

* Do you have pretty much no life and all you want to do is "Rock All Night, Sleep All Day"?

* Do you rock?

* Do you have a pretty good computer?

* Do you have a microphone? Are you willing to overcome shyness and "put yourself out there"?

* Would you like to join our little family?

* Do you have good internal motivation, and a drive for perfection?

* Do you like Rock Music?

* Can you work well with others?

* Are you of good reputation?

* Do you get along well in the Entropia Community?

* Can you follow rules/laws?

* Can you refrain from pirating music?

* Can you keep the dirty laundry behind closed doors?

No experience needed for the right people if you have a strong desire to learn.

All the tools will be provided as well as 1 on 1 instruction, for as long as it takes for you to get it.

I won't lie. The amount of work is tremendous. The pay is zero. The satisfaction for a job well done... priceless.

Anybody can spin a disk. It takes someone special to be an online radio personality.

Do you have what it takes?

Respond by PM

2. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I have most of those requirements as that is a LOOONG list to complete but am other wise already engaged. I will how ever wish you much luck Mr Fish (Hopefully Mrs Fish as well) in this endeavor.

May I suggest as one (loosely used term) Professional to another that you make sure that not only yourself but all of your new prospective employees are fully licenced and properly registered users of your retransmission software as there are many harsh new laws specially within the US regarding these radio stations and payments of royalties to music owners for retransmission of their properties. Read your licenceing that is with your software as most only cover the initial user and not addative DJ's that work under that agreement as they are seperately licenced in most cases.

Anyway its good to see another listening option for in game radio come to life.

3. isclay

isclay Active Member

I wish you well sir. It's an exciting time in EU and offering the player base more options for entertainment will, in my humble opinion, serve to strengthen player retention.

Cheers!

Isc

4. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

<----wonders if you have some Reamon lined up ? :huh:....wish you all the best Mr Fish ...let it rock :)

5. Fishface

Thanks for the well wishes!

As for the software and such, I've got that all covered. It's one of the most common questions I get. I'll put together a FAQ when i get up (I worked all night last night) to cover that, and some other questions that I get a lot of.

6. Fishface

7. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

I'm far too st00pid to dj.

Can I apply as station fluffer instead?

Tippin'

8. isclay

isclay Active Member

LOL :whistle:LOL

9. Mel_bosshart

Mel_bosshart Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Hi Fish
    Great to hear your finally going live with the station ...I think Choice is great and glad to see you have your dj seat licenses in order .. we did this later due to problems with software issues.. we now get new serial numbers for sam broadcaster sent out every 3 months.. so all our dj's can keep up to date with the latest software.

We have slightly different rules here in the uk for licensing and royalties but we are governed by ofcom a government body .we as a station have to be members of PRS and PPL who we have to submit our playlists to for royalties..

one of the great things about our stream host they do the file for us automatic . and send it to PRS and PPL

its good to hear your doing things the right way ..as i know 4 dj's on another station are all using pirate software.

i was reading a artical about a home run station only last month that the FCC had shut them down and confiscated all his equipment and is now doing a jail sentence for being unlicensed.cant remember if it was a federal offence or not but in sure bill or rick will correct me as they read the artical .i passed it round to our d.j's to read i will see if i can find it and let you have a copy as it makes for good reading ..

We wish you all the best and if we can help you in anyway with contacts for Jingles and such give us a shout ..

10. aj502

OOoo..OOo...I wanna know who!

Tellmetellmetellme!

Tippin'

11. New York Rose

New York Rose Active Member

Suspense..Intrigue...Scandal....BOO!! LOL!!!!:p

12. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

More the merrier I say...just hope noone does anything to get themselves in trouble...I think you all do a wonderful job and i would hate to see anyone get into strife just because of something silly as not properly licensed software.

13. New York Rose

New York Rose Active Member

I know the bigger radio stations are covered,but alot of smaller ones have sprung up and I always make sure Myself and close friends are always safe and I check..;) So no worries from US old veterans.

14. aj502

My "ware" is rarely soft.
    ;)

Tippin'

15. saradu

saradu Member

LOL................ Aj :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fishface

OK, last call for DJ's before we move on.
    Please respond by PM.

17. RavenJade

RavenJade Active Member

[video=youtube;xGytDsqkQY8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGytDsqkQY8[/video]