1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My what a big Friends List you have.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by KikkiJikki, Dec 1, 2011.

1. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Who knew I was on so many people's FL? Not me, thats for sure.

My FL is huge now and I am going to trim it a little over the next week or so, especially those ambiguous one word avatar names. Please don't be offended if I drop you off my list. It doesnt mean I hate you, but it might mean I can't quite work out who you are, or that we don't really interact that much. I do the same sort of thing with FB also.

You can always catch up with me here or at Sanctuary Cove where I usually hang out.

2. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

I have well over a few thousand in my FL after this update. All those players that added me to their FL after years of trading has finaly caught up with me. GL on your FL cleanout, mine will take days to figure out and sort.

3. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

word of advice: pm the single-name ones and ask for their full avatar name (when they are online ofc).. if its a keeper, rename manually.. if not, remove them.. :)

4. KikkiJikki

5. zume

Maybe a "hey, whats your full avatarname and where do you know me from?" PM?? They should know its because of the FL change.. LOL

6. Atlan Leticron

Atlan Leticron Active Member

Sadly that will not work for me.

I have 9 years of people adding me to there FL and they are now on mine as well.
    If I have to pm them all than it will take months to sort them out.

And another problem, we have a new soc mate which I can not add because my FL is full.
    And I thought it was unlimited now.

Regards,
    Ion

7. zume

Ion: There's a solution to the offline ones on PCF.. PM the offline ones with random characters (a . will do) and then the system will respond with the full ava name that he/she is offline..

As for the full FL.. its a bug.. Neil and I tested the "if one remove the other, will the one be removed from the other's FL too" test and now we cant readd each other.. Its very annoying.. Got myself a steady deal with someone for future fapping jobs, but when he added me to his FL it said it couldnt add him to mine.. So i suspect i didnt really get added to his..

8. Atlan Leticron

Cheers, thanks for the tip.

Still a heap of work but faster than pm them all and hope for a response.

I will try it later.

I want to know who those 9 "Adviser" and the 1 "assistend" are :)

Regards,
    Ion

9. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Interesting new feature, hopefully the bugs will get sorted soon. Personally I like it since way back when I did events and was always having to clean to make room, now I have quite a few of those folks back on list, which is nice. The 'mystery' ones I assume are mostly newcomers I've helped over the years who added me, but ty for that tip zume about getting the full names. Because it is 'bi directional' now, I hesitate to remove anyone yet unless it is someone I'd prefer to NOT have me on their fl, as I'm not at all clear if it removes you from the lists of those you remove (though from what zume posted above about the experiment with Neil it sounds like this is how it works?) Also note when you remove someone now they get a message if they are online, no doubt leading to some hurt feelings and squabbles lol.

10. zume

Main problem is that it doesnt look like we will get ANY bugfixes untill tuesday (and that's if we are lucky) .. That is damn annoying!!! That register and the FL is full bug needs to be fixed asap.. And i got a little feeling that the single-name ones were supposed to show full names too.. Another observation.. looks like the single name is consequently the middle name of the avatar.. Just as in the team chat..

11. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

I think its more the name the player set to display that gets displayed but if the player displays full avatar name then it defaults to the middle one.

Its this or someone has the same middle name as first name of one of my old soc members.

12. KikkiJikki

I read on PCF that James Clayton did a test and it appears that if u remove someone from ur list u also drop off theirs.

13. Atlan Leticron

That is very unhandy.

I don't need every newbie I help and add me to there FL also on my FL.
    I am fine if I am on theres so they can reach me, but my list is already big enough with people I know.
    No need to expand it even further with people who I am not planning to pm but who I am willing to answer questions for.

No idea how this will develop when the bug's are fixed, but I am now not sure if I like these changes.

Regards,
    Ion

14. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

I actually dont mind the change especially cause it's unlimited

As for people who are finding the massive amount of people to be a problem i have a simple solution

Rename them i've been doing this since i started i'd always rename people by $(socname short form) $Goes by Name so for example i would name myself (EP)Rex

For disciples i'd put (Dis)Name

you can use this for sorting to like add Zzz before there name if you want them to show up last on your list.

15. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Yes, it is confirmed. If you remove someone from your FL, you will also be removed from theirs after you relog. And because the FL is bugged until the next patch, you won't be able to re-add them. Personally, I'm just leaving my FL alone until the next patch comes out. I'm writing down on paper the avatars I want to add when it gets working again. And I do sure hope they give us the option to display full name.

16. KikkiJikki

I'm in 2 minds on the removal behaviour. I don't mind people having me on their FL to contact me for trading. But I have read many comments in the past how PKers use the FL and there seems to be a need for people to have a method to take themselves off other peoples' FL.

17. Alice

Alice Member

ya, did something similar already yesterday, trying to find out who "The" was :p

besides, if you have the funky name "in" in the list, that could be me :D

18. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

Flist doesn't matter i've seen what others do now anyways they put them in vehicle lists nice way to sort friend from foe too

19. Mutant Atrax Stalker

Mutant Atrax Stalker Active Member

I've deleted a couple names, mostly I'm just watching right now. The people i immediately deleted were those that i had already removed from my "one way" FL and also peole that i had regularly blocked from PM since i couldn't get off of their FL.

Regarding the PVP behavior of dragging names from FL or vehicle GL to track other players, that has been fixed and tested by me.

Not that it won't break again, like the ancient greece/implant issue :(

I found it rather "Freeing", no need to keep a 200 member guest list on one of my vehicles any more.