1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Solution to PVP Space and more

Discussion in 'PvP' started by RexDameon, Mar 15, 2012.

1. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

So i was thinking today. What If we added some features to the society part of Entropia.

What if each society could ally themselves to other societies and specify the alliance on certain planets and space.

If you are allied with a society you would be completely unable to kill or cause damage to allies and it would show right on there name in space and in vehicles and on foot on planet.

I.E. Bahq and cK could be allies in space agree to not shoot each other but on Calypso it would be war. But maybe on Arkadia they would be allies.

This would allow you to form large alliances in space. You could make basically 2 large ones even. Space Knights vs Space Pirates. This would make things way more clear in space as to who you should fire upon also.

Also to have stuff like Ally chat too.

Just would make things a lot more interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

Interesting idea.. Yeah I like it!! :)

3. Bemo

Bemo Deactivated User

Would add a twist to things for sure :p

-Bemo-

4. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

I like the idea. I remember the society terminal used to have smilie faces next to societies at one point, i always imagined that to be a system like this but could never figure out how to use it. Would love to see something like this instigated.

5. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

That's for attitudes toward different societies. It's still there. It requires the society leader to bring up the soc info for which they want to change the attitude. Then you cycle through like for template and such. :)

6. RexDameon

Yea EP is still friendly with cK both ways which i'm glad to see :)

7. lyosha

lyosha Member

ooooh do that, then pirates could put spy's in soc's and know where you are in space at all times, rofl.

8. RexDameon

why not new profession as a spy even more interesting.

9. narfi

narfi Active Member Pro Users

I like this idea. It would force society leaders to take responsibility for the actions of their members, and if a society had chosen to be in the (majority of socs) non-piracy alliance. Then the pirates in their ranks would have to choose to clean up their act, or to stop hiding under the name of a supposedly clean society.

This issue is becoming more and more important as we have at least one mothership now offering 'safe' flights who also has pirates in their society.

I would love to see it, but I don't think it will happen. It seems that lies and deception are the intent for space and that there will be very few actual 'honest' pirates who don't hide behind the skirts of others while shooting the next guy in the back.

narfi

• Like Like x 1
  10. RexDameon

see thats the thing to it wont be about shooting pirates down it will just be about shooting non-alliance members down. because you basically assume that if they are not allis they are not friendly and you shoot first.

My idea of the system would make it impossible for pirates to hide in ally socieites cause if they are allies there would be no friendly fired allowed within the game system. so they would shoot but not do any damage. So socs would have to pick to be a pirate soc or a non pirate soc basically.

Although i think like what i said above it would take the "nasty dishonest pirate" stygma away also because it wouldnt be abut theifs just friends vs enemies. allies for non-allies.

It would only work though if there was more socs like Nebula Virus that would go against the rest.

11. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

I think your idea would create that. It would force societies to choose one or the other and create the kind of interaction you're discussing. The current pirates would be busy joining societies or going freelance in order to continue their pirating activities.

12. RexDameon

So i guess the question to is. Could socities do this on there own? We had this kind of thing with ROME alliance. Soc leaders had to be responsible for there soc members. It was tough i had to kick some people out when i got sent screens of them doing even minor things but it really pulled 5 socs together to make something wonderful.

• Like Like x 1
  13. New York Rose

New York Rose Active Member

14. Ori'sWorld

Ori'sWorld Well-Known Member

Cool idea! not a big fan of being in a soc! just like being out on my own! but i can see the advantages! yeah! and i do like how space is dangerous and ruthless how it should be!! hopefully one day players will be able to mine mini asteroids or moons! then you could just stay in space! leapfrogging from spacestation to spacestation! dodging pirates! and hiring mercenaries! or bodyguards! for protection! as you do trading\cargo runs! yeah! rex!! your system would be awesome in such an environment..:p

15. slasha

slasha Member

nice idea , but you need to follow through to the extreme . Imagine a soc who is allied to all pk soc's , invulnerable for pvp activites and land grabs . oops!

16. zylstra

zylstra Member

i see your point here... but it wont work... there is to much bad blood between various socs and players that have been here for years that it twill be used by a few socs but most of them will not...

and fyi... BA and CK/PK willl NEVER EVER ally for anything