1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My bank called me about my recent deposit in EU:

Discussion in 'Deposits and Withdrawals' started by isclay, Jan 6, 2012.

1. isclay

isclay Active Member

A Good & Funny thing happened after I made a fairly large deposit while in game. I made the deposit so I could by Land Deeds and it was the 2nd one in 2 weeks. My bank called immediately after I made the deposit to confirm it was a legitimate transaction since I have Fraud Protection with my accounts. Funny thing is they wanted to confirm that I made a XXXX$$'s purchase to a "Toy Store." I confirmed it and no problems were associate with it.

Just found it strange they called EU a Toy Store. I guess they can't figure out how to classify it in "Banking Speak." :cool:

:hail: I gotta hand it to my bank (Credit Union)...this is not the first time they have called to verify a particular transaction. In this fraud ridden world...I feel better protected knowing they have my back. So...if your bank offers this type of service...I highly recommend it.

:DCheers!;)

2. KillerDawg

KillerDawg Active Member Pro Users

Yep it is great that they do these things, it also helps cover there losses. My bank and CC (same co), offers that by default. It is nice. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. unicorn

unicorn Active Member Pro Users

i have been working in financial industry.

every company doing money transactions via credit cards gets an certain "merchant category code" assigned.

that code is to determine what type of business the company does.

every credit card issuer can decide on his own for what he gives you as cardholder credit or not.

when you do a credit card transaction the destination and the card issuer exchange the code to see if you are allowed to buy the goods you try to pay.

e.g. your bank can decide that you cant buy stuff from liqour stores with your credit card.
    this can be made to protect the customer from buying alcohol on credit to avoid fraud connected to addiction of alcohol etc.

greets

• Like Like x 1
  4. isclay

isclay Active Member

Thanks +Rep

5. Beanie Bugbear Adamski

Beanie Bugbear Adamski Member

My bank has never asked me about my transactions from MA :-( maybe I should ring them to find out why not.

6. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

If my bank ever did that to me they'd have one pissed off drunk bitching at 'em.

Tippin'

• Like Like x 1
  7. unicorn

unicorn Active Member Pro Users

i got the picture lol

8. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

Same thing happened to me except my bank thought a bit diffrently then yours and locked my account till they could confirm. I accidentally put in X0USD instead of X00USD and made a new transaction after noticing my mistake a few min later. I only noticed my account is frozen a few days later when I tried to use my card again and had a tough time explaining to them why I'm depositing to a game so in the end I just told the banker that they can consider it a donation to the further development of the game coz they wore having a hard time understanding RCE :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stagger

Stagger Member

we're all living in a Toy Story..

10. isclay

isclay Active Member

Yes Sir! And...We the players are the TOYS! :whistle: