1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music on Arkadia

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Max EJ, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Max EJ

Max EJ Member

I just remembered that theres music in game, It was so long since I turned on the music on calypso.

I'm wondering what music we will have on Arkadia and will it be like only 4-6 songs or will it be more. Will it be the same music everywhere or will it change depends on the location.

I personally would love a big variety of music. Music really can make a game more enjoyable to play.

I'm for sure gonna turn on the music when I go to Arkadia :cool:

2. Calin

Calin Member

I've been wondering the same. The music makes a big difference in the feel of a place.

3. ΣΔη

ΣΔη Member

Yeah i'd prefer a big variety too, i normally don't have in game sounds turned up very high though due to the fact I'll be on teamspeak or watching tv.

Maybe it would be wise if they do a poll to see what genre of music people like the most, if they haven't added all the music files in already! Although having said that it maybe bad because not all the people that play entropia have forum accounts or browse the forums. :)

4. nahtanos

nahtanos Member

It does make a bit of difference...initially anyway...over time no matter how good the music is you'd probably get bored of it...personally I usually listen to online radio while I play...I might recommend MSR (Mindstar Radio) as Mindstar puts on some good music and shares a lot of info...^_^

5. Chrome

Chrome Active Member Pro Users

I never get bored of GOOD music... :)

6. Max EJ

Max EJ Member

Well they can change the music lets say every month ^_^
    Then it definitely won't be boring.

7. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

I'll second the recommendation for MSR. I've never been a fan of the music in EU even when it was new.

8. MindStar9

MindStar9 Deactivated User

Thanks guys, I really appreciate that a lot ... and just as an FYI ... even while MSR is running now 24/7, I'm busy pulling together new music, and an even greater eclectic jukebox library, but I'm also setting up specific genre playlists to throw in there now and then, and ... I'd like to solicit our Arkadian community here to do some soundbites for MSR as well, so stay tuned for that. :)

9. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

would be great to have a directory where to put links to my favorite mp3 collection, or links to my favorite web radio station, that then would be played in game ...

Have a good time!

10. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

wut? Entropia Universe comes with sound? xD
    Last time I had that turned on was like... 3 years ago? :p
    I think I will turn sounds on for a bit when I get to Arkadia to hear what everything sounds like... but afterwards most likely back to technobase.fm and such... ;)

11. Max EJ

Max EJ Member

Sounds can be pretty useful, for example in PvP you can hear incoming vtols or helis or hear shootings.