1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sounds Music - customizable

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Xandra, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

I have learned thats there's a lot of ppl that just love the Arkadian music. I'm not among, for me it's too "movie like". Instead I always loved the old PE tunes, I even carry a CD with it in my car ;-) And I know that there's a lot of people that cannot stand these tunes.

So, musical preferences are varying widely, it seems.

Proposition:

1. Talk to MA about this. Try to get the following points done.
    2. EU should have a "music" subdirectory. Whatever music is in, would be played during the game.
    3. Each planet, when initially downloaded, would place it's music there, as files like "Arkadia - Tune1.mp3" or "Rocktropia - deathMetal37.mp3". Each planet would offer to download the tunes, in it's member area.
    4. When playing, the game would use randomly any tunes starting with the names of the current planet, or those without such tag.
      So if I'd be on Arkadia, and had "Arkadia - Tune1.mp3", "Rocktropia - deathMetal37.mp3" and "Doors - The end.mp3" in my music directory, it would play the Arkadian tune1, and The End.
      On Rocktropia it would play deathMetal37, and The End again.
    5. This way we could have special music for every planet, and we could even decide ourselves what we want to hear where! I could decide what of the Rocktropia tunes I like to hear where, and could add "The End". I could decide what of the Calypso tunes I like to hear where, and could add "When the music's over". I could decide what of the Arkadia tunes I like to hear where, and could add "Break on through".
    6. Done like this nothing really would change. Those not interested in music would hear the current planets default music. Newbie safe :)
      But those wanting to customize their music would have an area to play in. Customizing their gaming experience, dropping tunes they dislike, adding tunes they love ...
    In my humble opinion such would be a great step forward, to improve the gaming experience of the customers, without too much work for MA and the Planet Partners.

Post your opinion. If there's ppl supporting this I'd make a ticket of it.

Have a good time, and phat lootz!