1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most eco weapon for puny (caraboks)

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Lovefall, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

Hyellow! :)

Since I'm a free player trying to conquest the world by swunting - one carabok and 10 bottles of sweat at a time, I am looking for the most eco weapon possible for this specific (considering that I'll probably do just that for a loooooooong while).

So... what's the most eco weapon for puny caraboks?

What I thought about is that damage doesn't matter; actually probably the lower the better to avoid overdamage on kills.

For now I use the TT short swords [MANTA K-TT (L)], but just wondering if you think there are more ECO options out there - rifle, pistol, sword, knive, anything it really doesn't matter - my skills are too low to be bothered if I have to restart with a new weapon type. :)

Thank you a lot in advance for all your answers!

Cheers,
    Alex

2. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Lovefall

Thank you for the link. :) Opened it, bookmarked it and will start study it. :)

However, the thing is that I don't really trust yet my abilities in comparing different stats (like for example I'm still quite confused about all SBI thing, about tiering, etc)... compare a melee weapon with a ranged one (where decay is only part of cost) and so on...

That's why I came with this cry for help, hoping that someone smarter or at least with more experience than me, already did this analyze. :)

4. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

The dmg/pec and cost tabs take ammo cost into account, so guns arent terribly harder. SIB is a good thing to look for in a weapon even if you loose a tiny bit of eco, it helps you gain skill faster, you can see if you have SIB on a item by looking at its item info in game, it will say something such as "not yet", "never", or "not anymore", if you do have SIB it will say "yes".

5. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

• Informative Informative x 10
  6. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

Thanks for sharing this site, had no idea it existed and it seams to be very handy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TechKen

TechKen Active Member

Thanks Lizzy, I had forgotten to bookmark the ranker site, and didn't even KNOW about the armory site... :) got em both now, though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. littleswampymonster

littleswampymonster Active Member

Hands down cap tt (L) + z2 sink is the very best.

2.981 dpp
    damage is 5 to 7

9. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

can u confirm that the amp can be attached to other guns than z-series carbines like it says in the web shop description?

10. littleswampymonster

littleswampymonster Active Member

Yah absolutely I used it yesterday on my cap tt (L)

11. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

did kill two amps on halix and ET calculated an eco of 2.99. didn´t bother with overkill for accurate numbers. used almost 39ped came home with 54ped loot and killed 300 kitties. :biggrin2:

• Like Like x 1
  12. wournos

wournos Active Member

Would you recommend this (on Halix) over Herman ARK-0 (L)?

13. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

i would, yea. if you bring a finisher it´s prolly a bit more eco and you don´t need the range of the ark-0 since spawn at formidable is dense enough.

14. wournos

wournos Active Member

I'm a melee user with a love for power fists and it seems (according to entropedia) that the S.I Psy-blade is about 10+ pec more eco on its own than the Herman CAP-TT + ZX Zinkadus (if that's the correct amp). I used the Herman ARK-0 (L) before I decided to focus on melee. I've maxed out the Psy-blade but not the Herman ARK so I don't know if the Herman ARK would be better (but I have a feeling it's not).

I should add that I don't know how to calculate dmg/pec. I've been calculating kill cost per mob instead. :happy:

15. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

if your going melee then thats completly another question. :battleroar:

shortblades.jpg longblades.jpg

16. wournos

wournos Active Member

Well, I'm not strictly melee. I can hold a gun with the right end pointing away from me. ;)

17. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

For punies, an "ok" dpp gun that does small dmg (for example 3 max dmg) will be a lot more eco than a high dpp gun which does bigger damage (for example 5 max damage).

"Eco" for punies comes down to one thing: reducing overkill.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lovefall

I totally agree with this, but while on 4 max damage there are a few options and on 5 max damage there are a lot of options (including the tt items), at 3 max damage or less I hard a hard time finding reliable options - can you recommend one/a few please?

19. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

i´m all in for the hk 110. low damage and fast reload. but i´m no number cruncher. here´s to you

20. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

For 3 dmg, I don't know of any good UL options, but for L, there are toulan weapons. They used to make your screen flash, but perhaps they have fixed them by now?