1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Oratan Type Mobs

Discussion in 'Creatures' started by RexDameon, Jan 15, 2012.

1. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

So i decided to repair up my Rascal and 6A plates and do some Oratan with a LR-53. I really like how fun that hunt was. I really felt like i was playing a game. For you that haven't tried them before you will notice that the Oratan do not have that much HP but they hit pretty hard and they regen there hp like crazy fast. So to hunt them you have to do pretty big damage quick to them before they regen. With LR-53 if i was quick 3-6 shots depending on maturity.

What made this fun was it was kind of like playing a Halo type FPS where you didn't stand in front of a mob and shoot shoot shoot fap shoot shoot shoot fap shoot shoot shoot fap shoot shoot shoot shoot fap.....you get the idea. It would be 3-6 shots and dead and loot. sometimes I'd have to kill 3 of them before i had a chance to loot and i had time because they go down quick.... you have to make them go down quick or they don't go down.

I would love to have some waves of these guys and more mobs like it. Maybe less damage or aggressive mobs too stuff that would be fun for new players especially.

The only problem with the Oratan spawn is that realistically you could hunt them with a team of newbs if you could only get one to attack you at a time and they didn't have ranged damage. So i don't think you should change Oratan but make a newb mob kinda like them that's fun but easier for a team of newbs to have fun with.

2. slither

slither Active Member

I like them too but if you look at tracker and see how many others hunt them you'll see most people like mobs they can afk autoshoot. Now there's missions with the oratan excluded they get hunted even less.

3. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

yea an oratan mission would be great. what i'd love to see is a mission called where you had to get down into some caves and get to the bottom of a cave have have to shoot oratan the whole way down. even better would be to introduce flashlights and make the cave almost pitch black so you'd have to hire someone to light the way down the tunnel it would be a great newb job and a fun experience.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BlueEyes

BlueEyes Member

Anyone seen Oratan Enforcers?

5. Lezardine

Lezardine Active Member

+1 for the idea Rex, and it fits well in the storyline too =)

Player-organised offensives on Oratans are cool, too. :)

Lez.

6. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I think oratan would be ideal for a wave event. Also occaisonally invade some cities ala robot incursions on Caly.

7. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

I thought the powerfists were flashlights :p

I to like hunting the Oratan, I have high hopes that there will be special story line based missions in the future for Oratan. I am think they left them out of the IFN Grinder missions for this very purpose. Oratan wave events I also see happening and would expect the Robots to find Arkadia at sometime as well. But all in good time, lets hope the new player experience that is scheduled to come out in next release is a success and has few defects so the A-Team can move onto the next stages of their development planning.

8. MIND

MIND Member