1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mob density

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Danton, May 26, 2011.

1. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

I like it to hunt at places where i have not to search for the next mob. During my first hunts yesterday, I stand still at one place and was able to shoot continously. But.....

I think the density atm is a bit too much, isn't it? :)

Interested to hear what other ppl think about. Not a complain, all fine at Arkadia. Just want to hear if I am alone with that feeling ore others feel same :)

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

High density is good depending on the aggro range of the mob compared to your tagging weapon. I was hunting a sea of Huons on a land area and hardly had to move but they are super low aggro. Very easy to pull one out without others bothering me. If they were like trox's then avoiding being swarmed would be a challenge.

3. Stryker

Stryker Member

The density is amazing. Though it appears like overkill, when several avatars/teams are focusing on one mob, it's a luxury afforded by no other spawns on Calypso.

4. Danton

Ok, thats right. But I have tried to jump back to a half down Korwil...... not one of my best ideas so far :)

Jumping back to a half down mob with higher agro and a dense spawn... ouch :)
    (Ok, maybe not a problem for *you* :) )

5. Bemo

Bemo Deactivated User

I agree with KikkiJikki .... all depends on the mob agro range. Really nice to see the mobs a little more dense though :)

-Bemo-

6. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

The spawns have gone out a bit more dense than expected and will be adjusted down a bit in places.

7. Bemo

Bemo Deactivated User

Not too much I hope :(

-Bemo-

8. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

Just need more hunters to wipe the floor clean ;)

9. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

Noooooooooooooo !

Mob spawn density is what's keeping me here for the moment if you take it down the route of calypso and Rt many hunters will be leaving...

Even op doesn't mind this density. Remember most people never voice their opinions on forum and we often see a skewed response to these kind of threads.

I say keep mob density as is ...may need increasing in fact in some places...

10. Nexuiz

Nexuiz Member

Density is awesome, please keep as is!

11. minim

minim New Member

I'm on it! Gimme a few hours ^^

12. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Active Member Pro Users

at places the radar is full red with red dots. density must be lowered. I want to move when hunting not stand at 1 spot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Danton

Thanks a lot for another quick answer. I can imagine that it is nearly impossible to do it right for everyone, so no worrys :) Was just a suggestion to lower it a *bit*

14. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

I think the places which are literaly a sea of red dots can use a slight reduction but the rest should be fine as is. I also like the low aggro settings for most mobs. Both help to create more turnover/h so should be good for the devs too. ^^

15. dude

dude Active Member

The density is great. My question is the land area south of Sanctuary cove is pretty much void of life. Will there be mobs placed there at some point. It is great for mining. But personally I do both mine and hunt at the same time. What are the plans for the big area

16. mobydick

mobydick Member

Each mob should have areas of high and low density for people to choose.

17. hojlund

hojlund New Member

As long as the aggro range is so low on most mobs its cool..

18. Daenerys

Daenerys Member

Might just be slightly too dense, yes. Almost lagged me out.. click for larger version.

[​IMG]

19. krm398

krm398 Member

The density for hunters might be great but I'm a miner and there are a lot of places I've been so far that I have two choices, either never ever get seen or die. The mobs are high levels a lot of places and since I'm a solo miner with armor and a weapon doing 40 points damage, I just die, wasting ammo on a level 35-50 animal is suicide. Its truly a hunters paradise, but unfortunately not all of us are hunters or want to spend 100 ped a day for ammo..lol.

20. Telgard

Telgard Member

I've been able to get into the tiger spawns in the desert.. and some of the beladoth spawn within the icelands. sooo meh... move quick. move quiet. Drop probes. If the the spawns are too dense for there agro ranges move and lure the claims out with you. You have a good 55m claim lure distance.