1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission adjustment extended to October, any consequences for Arkadia IFN missions?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueEyes, Jul 16, 2012.

1. BlueEyes

BlueEyes Member

Hi, due to lot of uproar around the mission rebalancing in August, it seems MA listened and delayed the update to October 9th. But also MA has decided to allow a higher reward than originally was planned.

What are the consequences for the missions of Arkadia?
    They seem to be very balanced. And especially the two latest addition, the Nusul and the Riptor are in accordance with the MA guidelines of the orignally planned August rebalancing. But again, the rewards are now allowed to be higher...
    Will these two (Nusul and Riptor) get higher rewards?
    Will the previous other IFN missions get an adjustement?

Please inform us well before the October 9th change, so we can make informed decisions.

Thank you, Paul

2. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

David and Cyrus have commented at different times on the subject HERE and HERE, but I don't think they have had time since the announcement of the delay to post up any more info for Arkadia. They are very busy right now, moving and settling into new offices etc plus of course working on the next big content update, so I am sure they will post something for us when they know more themselves. In the meantime, I've moved this post to the dev questions section, where they are more likely to see it anyway.

3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I didnt get that from their announcement. WHat are you referring to that allows you to draw that conclusion?

4. BlueEyes

BlueEyes Member

Those announcements were from when the mission adjustment was planned for August 21st.
    This is newer info from NEVERDIE from RT:
    http://www.neverdie.com/missions/14...te-missions-have-been-nerfed-4.html#post44692
    So clear guidance from NEVERDIE on Rocktropia to do not any missions there, as rewards will be improved (versus what they are now). But since the Nusul and Riptor missions are rewarded according to the previous August update rules, it would be possible those would adjusted for the better according to the guidelines that are in effect now and can be implemented for the October release.

Clearly planet partners are competing with each other to make their own planet attractive. So clear guidance around what to do now or wait for the IFN missions reward to be improved, would be very very welcome!

5. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Thanks for that extra info.

Ok so for rewards that will use tokens (attributes), the benefits are higher. That doesnt mean that preexisting missions with attribute rewards will def get better, in fact some are almost certain to get worse. Skill based rewards may or may not change.

I do agree that we really need to know as soon as possible what the specific changes will be. Pisses me off that no planet partner has been able to deliver on this.

I did have a few missions almost completed and was holding off until I got more detail. But now the change has been pushed out to October I have gone ahead and completed some and will pick up some on Arkadia once I am back here. Yes, maybe I would get a greater benefit by waiting but meanwhile I have leveled up in Evade, Dodge and my primary weapon skills by cashing in rewards that were already pretty good. That's going to translate to more eco play/better returns between now and october. I could really use being hit less often by longtooth thanks.