1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Intern?

Discussion in 'Missions' started by LokiDarkStar, Jul 23, 2011.

1. LokiDarkStar

LokiDarkStar New Member

Found the first one easy enought, orange dot on the screen. Went to the second green waypoint and guess what, no orange dot, flew around the whole area and nothing. An suggestions anyone?

DS:confused:

2. ritaw

ritaw Member

2 waypoints wr off a bit which loc was the waypoint at?
    1 was in nearby hill/mtn
    other was go N part of vally and walkway in NW corner goes to him

3. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

You've taught me something I didn't realize, thank you :) When we did it in the early days there were no waypoints, while there was a forum competition to find them all, so awesome to hear they added waypoints to the mission later (even if some are a little off it seems).

4. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Look for a dirt path between rocks ...

jc

5. LokiDarkStar

LokiDarkStar New Member

6. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

The idea for these missions is that you need to hunt around to find the interns. The text in the mission does say that here are the last known locations and you'll need to look around the area to find them. Just adds a little bit more challenge. They are all very close to the waypoints provided.

7. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

ooh nice touch :)

8. LokiDarkStar

LokiDarkStar New Member

Yes, I say that I would have to look around, no problem, then said to myself, why not ask friends in the forum for some help. Time is money. But, I do have one question, no reward? Why do missions that do not offer a reward? Just wondering?

DS

9. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

That particular mission seems to be all about newcomers exploring and seeing more of the planet, so the only reward is really that experience you gain, learning about mobs, collecting nearby tps, etc, and of course fun :) It might even encourage them to find the forum and read the back story, since it is a part of that as well. For older players that may not be so exciting, but I don't think it was designed for them much. No idea if a more solid reward is maybe coming in future, but I like the 'general introduction' to the planet it gives, a type of mission found in every other mmo I've played as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stagger

Stagger Member

agreed,
    but.. many other games have rewards for quests, this quest compared to other quests in other games rewards really little for the trouble.
    i can understand how people get frustrated over this, as i've been with calypso with all the nova and blazer fragments.
    If arkadia cannot give out item or skill rewards for that kind of quests, i believe there should be some unlock to a bigger mission chain.
    perhaps after you've finished that quest you get a vip pass to the exploration room celeste and you can start new mission chains from there.

just an idea, but that would reward and connect the dots for a player.

11. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Yes, the continuation of the story is a nice reward in itself :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

13. Stagger

Stagger Member

true, but why only reward 5 players for a quest which thousands complete..
    i don't expect anything valuable since then you would have noob grinders getting that small value and sell it all the time.
    just something to continue, or perhaps another useless item which is fun to have.

14. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I really like this idea. Dev team please consider this one.

15. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

This is a great idea and yes, we will look into having it linked to a bigger mission chain.

Thanks for the suggestion.