1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini-lag in outpost & cities with shadows on

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Terminator, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Terminator

Terminator Member

Am I the only person experiencing mini-lags when facing an outpost or a city when the "Shadows" option is set to Medium or above?

This is pretty frustrating, and I now spend much time swithcing the shadows on/off to avoid these annoying frozes.

For information: I'm running EU on a Intel Quad Core 3 Ghz with 8 GB RAM / SSD / GTX285 last drivers / Seven x64 and had no problem at all on Calypso, it looks like a Arkadia specific issue with buildings shadows. I ususally have between 30 and 80 FPS at 1920x1200, antialiasing off, details set to Medium or high. The FPS even doesn't drop when it occurs, it just freezes. :(

Thanks,
    Term

2. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

I think it's just you... Or the Nvidia... Or the Intel... I have AMD/ATI and don't experience anything like that...

3. Terminator

Terminator Member

Thanks Rick, I also suspect the nVidia card. I bought this PC a few weeks before VU10 and in that time there was a nice nVidia logo in the start screen of EU, so I switched from ATI to nVidia, thinking I'll have best performance. I guess it was just some marketing trap and that MA and PP actually use ATI cards. :D

Well, I just played a bit with several resolutions and discovered than until 1366x768x32 its very smooth !!!
    Next resolution (I tried windowed) is 1600x900x16 and its laggy in Firebases. :(

I could record a 30sec movie with Fraps, but I don't know how to upload it, any expert? :confused:

4. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

If using Windows 7, load it into Windows Live Movie Maker and click the YouTube button at the top. Then just use the Video button here on the forum. :)