1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melee weapons on Arkadia?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Kinnison, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

This is seriously frustrating. I recently managed an unlock (coolness) by using laser rifles just about all the time, and decided to go after another unlock - namely something like Melee Damage Assessment. I'm not all that far off. My best attack skill with melee weapons is swordsman attack level 10, which puts me in SIB range for FAL-3 and presumably similar Calypso or other melee weapons.

So far so good. Now the difficult bit. The only melee weapons on Ark auction are a couple of low-end Ancient Greek swords. No melee weapons in any booth or shop with the exception of a single Manta K-4, which is not my best weapon category (it's a shortblade) and is way over my skill level in any event.

Where the flaming heck are all the melee weapons on Arkadia? I can't be the only person who wants them!

Sorry, but the Arkadian economy is still a mess. Anyone got any idea why melee enthusiasts are so challenged on Arkadia?

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I don't stock melee weapons because it's not worth crafting them. MU kills eco for L melee weapons so you cant price them to cover your crafting costs and still expect to sell them. Even when I loot them and price them at low MU they are extremely hard to sell.

That said I have some bps for a few unl caly melee items and will trial them in my shops once I have a bit more capacity (due this release).

3. anthonymorris

anthonymorris Platinum Member Platinum Member Arkadia Adviser

i have most of the melee bps from caly and if there is a special one you let me know as i might have the bp and could do a vip craft for you. but im with Kikki having them in my shops just takes points away from other items that sell. But if i have a buyer i would for sure craft them and put them in my shop. so let me know what you are l Might be able to get the bp or chances are i have it already. I crafted melee for snow, and had no problem anytime they asked me to make one.

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Fastest and cheapest way to skill melee is grab a labrys and grind carabok.

5. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

With a swordsman hit level that's already 10? Seems to me that would take a VERY long time.

6. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I've never skilled anything so fast. I went from level about 8 to level 22 that way. Spent about 500 ped, and would have profited too, if I had not accidentally TT'd my 100 ped worth of carabok hides. I had tried skilling on something else, I think it was molisk, and carabok gave me skills 10x faster (per ped spent).

I haven't tried skilling on other planets' punies, but Carabok are skilling machines.

I used a labrys (max 14 dmg) so overkill isn't super high, but most mobs are one shot kills. For the rest, I finished with the cyrene knife.

7. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Same here, except TT bladed / fisted on Calypso foul, all the way through MDA and MA. didn't take that long, profited, and got tons of collateral skills as well.

The stuff on Ark should suffice.

8. Lucky_A

Lucky_A Member

Can make MAKO FAL-4 on demand if u wish. Is the only Ark blade bp I got :)

Kj is right - ark blades, as almost any other L blades, r not worth making cause they're hard sellers.

9. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

Right. Thanks for all the info - I might try using Ark TT swords on carabok. I don't usually like overkill, but I can live with it. :)

Lucky_A; thanks for the thought but FAL-4 is way over my skill level.