1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Longblades

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by AgileFoxen, Jan 29, 2015.

1. AgileFoxen

AgileFoxen New Member

Hey,

I really want to make my character primarily a longblade user. I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips like, what kind of blade to start with, stuff like that. I'm really strapped for cash so putting money into the game isn't an option for me.

Thanks in advance =3

2. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

I've found the TT (U) Castorian En-Blade is an awesome weapon for skilling longblades. It is a Calypso weapon. A bit slower than the Mako found here on Arkadia, but does more damage. A Falcata is also a decent blade for skilling lower levels. You can kill about 200 Gallard before repairing.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

Take a look at Entropedia too. You can select in the tabs above for Type "Longblades" and Planet "All". Sort it, for example, by Damage or Markup (click twice to get the lowest on top). Here on Planet Calypso Forum is a thread with SIB-charts, ie. the progress-tree you could take.
    Good luck on the Longblades road, Mêlée all the Way! :smile::battleroar::smile:

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. wournos

wournos Active Member

There was a change to Trade Terminals last summer where TT weapons on all planets were changed to be exactly the same (just different names). On Arkadia the longblade is called MAKO FAL-TT (L). All TT weapons are Limited, but you could probably still find sellers of the old TT weapons.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

As a suggestions ;
    Level 1-20 Lakonian, Falx, Falcatta, Bukin's, those are all good to do the starting missions with.
    (2-4 damage weapon go for Carabok, Monura M/F, Gallard) (2-8 damage go for Jori, Dromia, Ostelok Halix.)
    Can't do Arkadian Hornet as they fly.

Level 20-35 Philosopher's sword. Feran, Tiarak, Oro, Zadul.

After that, when you either have hit level 35+ in melee, or have finished all the missions that go with the mobs above, you should have gathered enough information in your spare time outside the game on what to do or where to go next.

Enjoy hacking and slashing!

*quick edit*

The Philosophers sword is maxed around level 22, but you can start using it at level 18.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  6. AgileFoxen

AgileFoxen New Member

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get started!

7. Craggan

Craggan Member

To add to what Lizzy said I might suggest that at level 15ish you may be interested in the Glacier sword from Arkaida. It is UL iwth a 100 ped TT and fair economy plus you can add one of the melee amps to it to further increase eco and damage output making it a nice option with SIB starting at level 13.

Also at level 18 start SIB you have the Electrifier sword here on Ark. IMO is a bit nicer than the Philo because again it can be amped unlike the Ancient Greece weapons.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

not sib, but buy a katsuichi determination for 'emergencies' (or pvp ring, lol)