1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loading Screen Background

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by ElbryanWolf, Feb 21, 2013.

1. ElbryanWolf

ElbryanWolf Member

Hi Everyone,

I've been on Ark now for almost 2 months and I think it's great. The logo for Ark Forum and Ark Planet on the client loader is great, but when you load the game the blue background doesn't really fit with the Ark atmosphere (look at the background on the forum and some of the artwork some Arkadian Colonists have done). Any plans on updating that to make it a bit darker and closer to a Sci-Fi look?

Cheers

-Wolf

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Are you talking about the multi-colored loading screen that shows a view of Celeste Harbor (PVP ring, black helicopter, etc)?

3. ElbryanWolf

ElbryanWolf Member

Yup that's exactly the screen I'm talking about. It's too Happy Happy for the rough terrain and the hard start to the colonisation of Ark.

The native population seems to have been eliminated by the Oratans; The first colonist were almost submerged by the Oratan when they landed and tried to find out what happened to the natives; There's been a lot of hardship since the get go on this planet.

Right now everything is quiet and people are starting to thrive and discover this virgin planet and it's breath taking sceenerie and hidden ressources.

I think A-Team (with all the nice graphic work seen here and on the planet itself) can do better than that particular loading screen ;)

Maybe they could even make a contest out of it for all the artists out there. Btw, this is just speculations and suggestions. I know A-team probably has a lot more fish to fry than that loading screen but looking back at some of the old PE backgrounds and Calypso backgrounds... I can't help knowing they could blow these by a mile! :)

View attachment 6741 View attachment 6742 View attachment 6743

Cheers

-Wolf