1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning how to mine...

Discussion in 'Mining' started by MaraKyran, Dec 11, 2014.

1. MaraKyran

MaraKyran Member

Hi guys and girls,

I'm new to mining and eager to learn.
    I've read a few guides here and there, but i'm hoping you all can help me find a few more.

Any useful guides out there? text, youtube audio-books i dont care what kind :p.

I got LBML to work, well partly, i have to spam P to it updates my position, for the rest seems to do what it needs.

Also read about the straight-line mining, carpet bombing etc, could someone explain the pro's and con's?

For now i'm using a rookie terramaster (6 probes per drop).
    My hit rate according to LBML for the 3 runs I've done:
    - 17.52% (rocktropia) 160 drops
    -26.82% (arkadia) 60 drops
    - 5.32% (ark UG) 30 drops

Didn't log the RT and UG runs, so cant comment on TT returns for those, the other run was 14.03PED TT on an 18ped run, with MU a small loss(depending if i can sell this treasure map 9, if sold for more then 41PEC, profitable run). Treasure finds i stored to small amounts to try and sell i think, and hoping to find someone to buy these.

A few more details on the last run i did (which i logged):
    probes:18 ped
    drops: 60
    hit rate: 26.82%
    ore: 28.33%
    Enm: 16.67%
    Tre: 35.59%
    decay: 0.68PED

Is there a good guide out there that covers treasure mining? and what to do with the treasure finds?
    Havent found any info on treasure maps 4 and higher on entropedia, and do people actually buy treasure maps?

Sorry for making this a long post with a lot of questions, but im just trying to be prepared and learn as much as possible before committing all my PED to mining.

2. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

I'm not a good miner myself, but I'll try to help you with what I know.

1. Mine for EnMatter first only, since that's the cheapest. With that you can learn the tricks of mining and the trade in resources.
    2. The basic difference between straight-line and carpet bombing is that with the latest you cover one area, while with the first you can cross multiple areas and therefore find different types of resources. It's also about wich theory you believe in, some believe there are veins that lead to globals and HoFs (I don't).
    3. Learn where you can find what resource and the markup of that. You want, of course, to find the resources with the highest markup in areas that are not 'polluted' with low(est) markup resources. Also take a look at the trends in markup, what sells for 120% today can sell for 130% next week.
    4. Mining Underground is not the same as on the surface. Underground has fewer claims, yet bigger.
    5. The Treasure Map 9 is a nice find and I should think that you can sell it for some PEDs.

3. Grizgal

Grizgal Active Member

Also, Depth is important. You need to look into which resources are found at which depth and ensure you have the correct equipment to raech those resources. When you start out, the equipment you use is likely to be relatively low depth, so dont hunt for deep resources with it.

4. MaraKyran

MaraKyran Member

since im using the rookie terramaster the cost of dropping all 3 types isnt that high, ofcurse i understand i will not find below a certain depth.

the rocktropia run i did:
    [​IMG]

Am i doing it right? a few overlaps, trying only to overlap when resources found very close to bomb location, not sure if i should.
    Did try a few "double bombs" on spots where i found doubles right on me, didnt result in any new finds a little further away.

Atm im thinking of doing bigger runs, 100-200 drops (30-60PED), but not sure how to decide on when to go to the next area, and if next area should be different server. Also taking in mind im fairly new to Arkadia and so far ive mined in spot where i have hunted before. Are there any spots more miner friendly? meaning less dense spawns of mobs, non agro or low agro range mobs?

Looking at the Arkadia map on mininglog.com, is there a map that shows depth of the resources? where could i find this information on what i can find?

Last question for now, has anyone done a detailed rookie terramaster mining log? and would there be interest in it?
    not just amount of drop and returns, but also with a list of what found where and what depth? (crazy idea popped in my head, would someone like to see a fully dropped Arkadia map LBML style? if so, im open for offers for sponsorship :p)

5. xo TRAP ox

xo TRAP ox Member

Hello, I would say to do ores and enmatters that way they lvl the same for future runs, when u decide to use bigger finders u won't be limited to just one or the other. Treasure mining is personal preference in my opinion, there just really isn't high MU. The most important thing is to mine where the MU is, LBML has maps of where different ores and enmatters are. And also expect bad returns, you usually won't get accurate returns over small runs, it's based on high amount of drops. Some say 300 drops others say 800-1000. The underground has a much lower claim rate but benefits you with larger claims.

6. MaraKyran

MaraKyran Member

Thanks Trap, every advice helps me on my journey, still would like some more feedback.

7. deo

deo Member

I like treasure mining, but like trap said, there really is no MU in it, I just like the Armor HOF's every now and then. I do better mining than I ever did hunting.

8. malasuerte

malasuerte Active Member

Hi there, I'm not sure if you are still here or mining. But if you are using the Little Big Mining Log tool (LBML) I found a way for it to track my radar location 100% of the time without losing focus.

I assume you have watched the video about how to resize the radar.

Right after you manage to get the test bar green you leave the radar at that size. Then you open a crafting book or the Action Library book and leave it behind the radar so there is allways a solid background for the numbers and name of the planet.

And that's it. If you find the right spot to leave the radar over a solid background that isn't going to change when you move your avatar your position will be tracked permanently.

Have fun and give that P key some rest

Here is an image to explain it better
    [​IMG]

if the image appears broken here is the link http://k46.kn3.net/7/D/1/B/9/B/027.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  9. May

May Active Member

Nice, that's an useful practical tip. :D

edit: nvm, image is fixed. :biggrin2: