1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest buzz - Important Changes June 16th

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by Jenny ferr, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

June 16th

With the introduction of space, you will see several changes and more dynamics to Entropia Universe. Besides from the thrill of exploring space this new dimension of the universe will provide new entrepreneurial opportunities; space pilots, prepare yourselves for a new age in the transportation services!

The space release next week will also include two important changes that you might want to be prepared for: disabled interplanetary teleportation and planet bound auctions.

Disabled Interplanetary Teleportation

With the introduction of space and spacecrafts, teleportation between planets will be disabled and traveling through space will be the way to go instead. However, it will still be possible to teleport from CND and Crystal Palace to Planet Calypso for a fee.

Planet Bound Auctions

To further spur the interplanetary travel and economy, the auctions will be bound to each planet. This means that you can still view auctions on all planets, but for you to place a bid on an auction or collect an item, you have to be on the specific planet.

Items that MindArk put up for auction, such as the motherships after the release, will be universal. These auctions can be bid on and the items collected from all planets having an auctioneer.

Tip! As a space ship manager, remember to keep an eye on supply and demand for various goods on different planets; you will have the opportunity to retain the interplanetary trade balance.

- Arachne -

When I don't harass my co-workers with yoga, I'm at the heart of things at MindArk: writing, collecting info for Release Notes, working on the web and doing other important tasks that come in my way.

Source: Latest buzz - Important Changes

2. Chrome

Chrome Active Member Pro Users

Time to batten down the hatches...

For those of you that do not know what that phrase means:

batten down the hatches

to prepare yourself for a difficult period by protecting yourself in every possible way

Usage notes: When there is a storm, ships batten down the hatches (= close the doors to the outside) as protection against bad weather.

Now, when I moved to Arkadia, I spent weeks preparing a list of items that I wanted to have with me, so I wouldn't have to purchase things on auction from another planet and pay transport fees. However, it was nice to know that if I did need something specific not available on Arkadia, I could most likely get it on auction... for a price.

Now, that will no longer be possible.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

Important Changes
    June 16th

So, Arkadians... are you prepared?

*This image removed due to hotlinking*

3. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

I think this is the right decision by MindArk. In the long run, this will promote the economy on Arkadia and allow it to grow more rapidly!

*As a side note I've merged the two existing threads on this subject into one*

4. Jenny ferr

yes but if we cant place a bid why should we be forced to have the same messy auction we do now? or will we be able to choose default "only show Arkadia offers"?

and thanks for merge, hope Chrome agrees too :)

5. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

...interesting... just ... interesting

6. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

No kidding Jfer, I'm hoping I won't have to keep updating my default auction from Calypso to Arkadia! :)

Fingers crossed, and VERY enthusiastic about the trade routes this could create.

7. Therred

Therred Member

Its also interesting in that it kinda makes more competition between planets. If all the crafters leave Calypso for example then Calypso fails as a viable planet for hunters unless pilots can actually fill the void of the auction.

Imagine this, <insert planet partner here> pisses off the crafters so they all hitch a ride to another planet and dont offer their wares any longer on that planet. Could cause some real problems... not all bad for colonists either. Also maybe opportunities for interplanetary trade -- gotta find that wookie of mine!

8. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Very true. I just hope Arkadia is on default for us. I would like to see other planets though still (interplanetary trade opportunities are forming in my mind :D)

Np on the merge, it makes things more neat and tidy.

Very true!

9. Chrome

Not a problem with the thread merger. :)

Someone on PCF noticed this:

I guess FOMA has had it's name changed... again. :p

10. Dab

Dab Member

Now they just need to make it so planet specific BP's will only work in the crafting machines on their home planet.

What if all (or even some) of the UL BP's which will drop end up being taken to Calypso?

11. New York Rose

New York Rose Active Member

Oh No!...I don't want to be limited!:facepalm:

12. Stagger

Stagger Member

i'm very excited about these planetary trading routes that will emergy from all this,
    so Thanks mindark for closing the auction tradings and opening a realistic market among planets!

It's propably going to be hell at first, but after the storm always comes sunshine,
    so all keep your chin up and look forward to space :D

13. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

I'm as ready as I can be for the potential for difficult times ahead, but think all of this is excellent news for different planets to truly begin to kick in thier own economies and own communities. There will always be traders and those who just like to visit different places, but in a way, for the average player, this is a step towards making us choose our home base and actually work toward helping that home function successfully, which I'm very much for.

Difficult times ahead? Maybe a bit bumpy, but also very promising and exciting :)

*Remember that we on Arkadia arrived on the Liberation Fleet, and are on a rescue mission to help those who got here before us, to establish a new world for those who come after us, and to kick Oratan butt of course :).

14. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

If we get planet bound auctions, then when checking for MU for an item, that should be a planet bound MU shown as default?

There are many common ores/enmatters that can be mined, sold and auctioned on all of the existing planets, so if I'm gonna sell Oil and wanna see the weekly or daily MU for Oil, I should be able to see for what % it has sold on Arkadia.

If I needed to check how it sells elsewhere, I could choose from a dropdown menu as in auc atm.

-- Hyssch --

15. Therred

Therred Member

Agreed 100% this is a big deal. Basically as it sits the MU listed for an item has little to anything to do with what you can actually expect to sell it for on the planet on which you are placing the auction. When interplanetary auction goes away the MU will mean basically nothing unless it is planetary markup.

16. Chrome

This is going to be SO FUN!!!

*this image removed due to hotlinking*

17. Billy

Billy Member

Iv got one word "AWESOME" I do agree why do we still have to look at a mess in the auction but that dose not bother me as much seeing as I can just select the planet I want. Over all I think this will be the most incredible VU in all of EU history.

18. Morgan Gekko

Morgan Gekko Member

19. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

this would be cool if they divided the TT value of everything by 10. Fact is having enough traders with enough PED to handle demands and keep supply proper is not something we have. And even for the people that do have the PED it's not really worth the time.

20. Jenny ferr

Thats why planets are supposed to be mostly or completely self sufficient, and probably will be in time.