1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Land Offerings

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by Sandy_Starfire, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Sandy_Starfire

Sandy_Starfire New Member

Will Arkadia be offering land for sale and development as Calypso does?

After reading some of the stuff about it I'm hesitant to go putting $US15,000 into a '100 Land Stock(Deed)'. No decent actual land lots come up on Calypso any more (Neverdie has them all :) ) I shy form spending 15K real money for the 'possiblity' of getting a configurable land lot.

I would much rather do this on a new world like Arkadia. Hopefully with control of a land lot next to ocean/lake, and able to create custom structures (I use 3DS 2012)

$15K is just a starting figure
    Cheers

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

The short answer based on previsous interviews is not really.
    No prospect of the equivalent of CLDs here.
    THere may be land areas later (owner collects tax from shops, mining, hunting, can possible affect what mobs are there) when the population grows. Thie two current player owned landareas are as a consequence of the players investing prior to arkadia going live.
    THere are shops and houses that are owned by players and more will become available later when the population grows.

At these stage there is no scope for designing ur own structures anywhere in EU universe.

3. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

i think you only need 9 deeds on calypso though? lowering you investment by 90%. (not saying that you should, not saying that you shouldn't)

4. Sandy_Starfire

And you can build 1 small building with 9 deeds IF they allow later land lots

5. Sandy_Starfire

Then how did Neverdie do his?

6. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Neverdie founded NDS which is the Pkanet Partner for Rocktropia. So all content on Rocktropia was designed by NDS. NDS also had a deal with the NI PP to do initial design of Next Island. That deal broke down during beta release of Next Island but NDS legacy remaings. Neverdie's avatar remains active (a whole different discussion) and continues to own some properties within the universe eg a bank on calty. But Neverdie avatar is not NDS and the player behined Neverdie avatart is not NDS. So yea you have the option of becomeing a Planet Partnet. You just need a few million USD, a design team, a marketing team and a concept that MA thinks will be viable.

7. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I Think you may be confusing land ownership with land deed holders. These are two seperate entities. Land owners have purchaced specifc plots of land where they have control over what mobs they have if any and what tax rates they desire to recouperate operating costs and aquisitin of land and DNAs of the mobs used .

Land deeds is a new thing where MA made sales to gain revenue for planet developement. IMO its a very questionable practice with the legalities of it in non Swedish countries and may come around and bite them in the ass down the road.

It sounds to me like you are more interested in aquiring a Land Area more so then a bunch of land deeds which as population grows on Arkadia will happen in the future as is already planned. If this is the case I suggest you stockpile far more then 15k usd as you will be going against much larger bank rolls to aquire that land when it is released.