1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kony 2012

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Milena, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

plz people spread the word..............

I know it takes time to watch ..but watch plz

[video]http://vimeo.com/invisible/kony2012[/video]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dalas

Dalas New Member

Thanks for this Milena. A great message and noble goal I think.

Summing up for those who didn't watch for any reason:

• Joseph Kony is an evil guy in Uganda who abducts kids and turns them into an army of killers.
    • One American guy (the filmmaker) met one such child and heard his story. He promised that Joseph Kony would be stopped.
    • He came home to America and got to work spreading the word and trying to get attention from higher powers.
    • The American government were not interested because it had nothing to do with their national safety or economy.
    • The guy turned to Facebook to get the message global and the word spread so much that Obama declared that the American Army can be used to hunt down Kony.
    • The attention of the government may, however, wane, since an escaped child gave the message that Kony would be changing his tactics since he knows about the American Army plans to track him down.
    • Therefore he must be caught by the end of 2012, hence "Kony 2012".

Who knows, we could see one of these every year if this is a success? Could be interesting.

3. Milena

Thx alot for explaining Dalas....it is much to komplex for my low english skills to explain it .......i understand it all ..but with my own words it is hard

4. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

I agree the guy should be stoped but i'm always leary of any charity. Considering the laws say that only 10% of funds taken in are to go to the actual charity and the othe 90% can go to "administration"

Support this cause without money sure, make the phone calls make your own posters tell others.

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Certainly all charities are not created equal. You can find charities in the BBB, at least for the US and Canada, so you can see at least some information about where they spend their money.

6. Milena

Guys Thx for watching..no need really to pay for ...but spread the world and make the video more public in other forums, networks and so on ....maybe it´s a little piece we can do to help........

7. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

No need to give money to anyone. Write to your local politician to get them motivated. Write to the US ambassador for your country as a great outcome would be for the US to engage with Uganda more and provide more assistance.

8. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

Ah there's enough information and spam about this on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Free to air TV, Radio, your local news website, and graffiti on bus shelters... if you really want to discuss it, please do it elsewhere.

Also refer to Rule 2c

Thanks

*thread closed*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.