1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"jellyfish is a scammer", how cute.. please read.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by jellyfish, Dec 10, 2011.

1. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

i bought a shopping booth today, and after that a certain guy said something to me.
    i was looking after my kids so i missed it, when i got back i saw he had insulted me, so i kindly told him that i was away and didnt see his message, and he replies with yet another insult. every sentence he made after that contained flaming, very faul language and lies upon lies. my friend tried to calm the situation, or atleast get it away from public chat, and my friend was very polite, and the other guy replied by starting to insult him too.

now the guy is standing at my booth in celeste quarry, and as soon as anyone comes near he screams out "this guy jellyfish is a scammer! dont buy anything from him!"

i couldnt care less about his childish behavior and laughable accusations, but i dont want other people to have to hear this too. this is NOT calypso! stuff like that does NOT belong here!

he will most likely continue his little holy war and, as he said "destory me and make my life on arkadia a living hell", all he does standing there is giving me free advertizing lol.

just so you know, if you have any doubts wheather or not im a scammer, then please do send a support case and ask.

i heard later from a bunch of people that he is just a little kid, so i will also add to the support case i made to check up his age. if he is over 12 then i will be very surprised.

2. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Well in all fairness you were both calling each other names when i was at the quarry earlier today. If the person you are accusing really is 12, just let him be, let this thread be deleted, and he'll get bored in 2 hours tops.

3. Mayana

Mayana Member

Yes, support case is the best place for this type of problem...

4. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

the reason for this post is to tell people if they have any doubts, just send a support case.

and i dont think he will get tired after 2 hours, i have spoken to him before, i dont think he will quit.
    he always starts all conversations with "hello, you probably know me, im the best crafter on arkadia"

i dont think his ego will allow him to ever stop.

5. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

i agree i let myself down to his level at first. his name calling was totally uncalled for, and eventually he did manage to get me a bit annoyed. so yes, im not 100% innocent here, he did manage to bring me down to his level for a while. he shouldnt have started attacking my friend for trying to calm the situation. i dont like it when people mess with my friends.

6. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Member

Cat fight! Yesssss!

7. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

It takes two to have a conflict like this. I was there and I was not real happy to see it going down. I thought his comments were uncalled for as were yours. This is supposed to be where new players hang out and it doesn't set a good example or pleasant scene. Totally agree if he tries to harrass you or screw with your business then log a support case. I would even contact the PP to see if one of them can come online and have a quiet word. But best if you can try to ignore him and not respond cos it only inflames the situation.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

8. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

fully agreed, on everything.

9. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

Can't we all just get along. btw how much did the shops go for last night?

10. Oboy

Oboy Active Member

11. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Sounds like this player believes you scammed him in the past. Did you do something before that made this player upset? Like make him an unfair trade or something? If so, then probably the best way to settle it is to repair any damages you may have done to this avatar in the past and work it out privately.

On the other hand, if what he is saying is completely bogus, then you should send in a support case. He is using deception to hurt you financially, and that's against the ToU.

12. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

i have never traded with him. he wanted to buy a blueprint from me once, and he started trashtalking the blueprint telling how bad it is, and how horrible the ingredients are to get, really trying to trash the blueprint to buy it cheap. he knew perfectly well that what he said was just lies to get it cheaper, so IMHO he is the one who tries to scam.

as for working it out with him... my friend tried to calm the situation down and the guy im talking about started talking about things like him and his mother having sex, but with alot more vulgar words ofc, so... i have done him nothing, and you can't talk to a guy like that, so there is no way to solve it other than to ignore him. and if he says something more i will just send more support cases about him.

im no saint.. as i said before his actions did get me angry enough to lower myself to his level for a brief period, and i should never have done that. but insulting me for nothing, and then i explain why i couldnt answer, and he insults me again... who wouldnt be annoyed?

but anyway... like i said, this post is just to explain to people why this kid is standing there screaming im a scammer.

if someone is accused of being a scammer it is always a good idea to contact support and ask if there could be any truth in it. you should never deal with a scammer. so if anyone has any doubts on me, by all means ask support. i have never been called a scammer before, nor have i done anything that i myself would consider scamming in any way.

thanks for the feed back though :)

13. Bemo

Bemo Deactivated User

Yea I was there for most of it last night. Trying to calm it down. At one point Jelly and a friend that was in the fight with the other guy were trying to walk away. They apologized and said they are done fighting but the other party just wouldn't stop. It does take more than one person for there to be an argument however when someone is standing in front of your booth telling people to not buy from you cause your a scammer then its kinda hard to keep your mouth closed.

We have a really nice planet and community here on Arkadia lets try not to turn it into another Calypso please.

-Bemo-

14. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

i agree 100%

in my oppinion arkadia is the best planet of them all, by far, and before this i have never seen anyone on arkadia behave "like a calypsian"

its a great planet, filled with considerate and friendly people. i know that view on arkadia is shared by alot of people, and i really hope it will stay that way.

15. Raven Lunchbox

Raven Lunchbox Adviser Arkadia Adviser

i just feel that its my duty to say something here.

SOMETHING :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Neil

One thing to note is that right now, the Quarry is populated with Calypso tourists or new immigrants. It's not the normal Arkadian crowd, it's not a noob area so much anymore. I think the Calypsians have scared them all off and I'm not sure where to.

17. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

i feel bad to be partially guilty of that :/

hope they come back

18. Neil

Jellyfish, I agree, let's not let the quarry degenerate into a Twin Peaks. Part of that is the sellers' responsibility too, and I want to call on the shop owners to be responsible and honest, especially as the quarry is supposed to be a noob area. I recall the unpleasant incident where some resellers were selling technician Carabok BPs for extreme markups on auc a while back. Now that would really be sad to see stuff like that happen with the booths at the quarry. Then someone really would have the right to stand there and shout about it.