1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Please close] Investment proposal with NO RISKS and TWICE the ROI of AUDs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DaughterOfAnarchy, Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaughterOfAnarchy

DaughterOfAnarchy Active Member

I think I found a nice investor and ironing out the details with her right now.

Attracted by the title?

Well, here I am, trying to make you "an offer you can't refuse" (TM - The Godfather books/movies) - get twice the profit from AUDs from your investment, while having absolutely no risks on your side.

Disclaimer: At a first read (especially if you're fast reading) this may sound rather fishy, but take your time to read it again (and again and again), analyze the facts, think over it and you'll realize that there's nothing fishy about it and that there is really absolutely no risk on your side.

But enough with the chit-chat, let's get straight to business. :)

I realized that my biggest in-game dream is to someday have an apartment, a place of my own which I can call "home"... totally useless some may say, but each with their dreams, and for me that's the biggest one. However being a really small depositor (with my gaming budget being capped at $10 per month, and not necessarily "all" *laugh* of them for EU) and living mostly on sweat, saving enough money to buy an apartment may take quite a loooong period of time and God knows what can happen 'till then. So I thought on getting a "mortgage credit" for my apartment and here you should play the white-knight role and come save me *laughs*.

What would exactly that mean?

Step one: We both work together and search for an apartment that fits two requirements:
    - I like it and feel that this is what I dreamed for
    - You make sure the price is right and, if anything goes wrong, it could be resold (for about the same money)

Step two: You buy the apartment (for me); obviously you keep the apartment deed, but you just give me (and only me) access to it.

Step three: Every month, I start paying you towards the price of the apartment, the payment including two parts:
    - first, the interest to any money I still owe you, which, as promised from first line should be twice as much as you would get if instead you would have invested said money in AUDs (so for example if at a point I will still owe you 1,200 PED, that's the equivalent of 24 AUDs - so the interest I would owe you would be twice the revenue generated in the previous month by 24 AUDs)
    - only after interest is paid, one (or more) batches of 50 PEDs, which would reduce the amount of money I still owe you (as in our example, if after paying said interest, I would also pay 50 PED extra, that means I would still owe you 1,150 PED, so the equivalent of 23 AUDs)

Important note: If at any point I am not able to pay even the interest rate (due to my fault), I forfeit the credit, and you get to keep both the apartment (which you can sell or whatever), any items I placed in it and also any money I already paid towards it!

Step four: Only once the last pec from the apartment price was paid, you hand me the apartment deed, making me the official owner.

Resuming:
    - for all money I owe you at any given time, you get interest at a rate of twice the payout of AUDs
    - you get to keep the apartment deed (though making you the owner of both the apartment and any item inside) from the very first to the very last minute of our contract
    - if at any time I fail (due to my fault) to pay at least the interest rate for said month, you get to keep the apartment, any items inside, as well as any money I already paid you towards the apartment

So, really, absolutely all risk is on me and there's absolutely no risk on you (and that's also the reason why I would prefere to make this business with a reputable person).

Just please note that due to my limited budget and income, it may take quite a bit 'till I manage to completely pay off all the credit (not that this should be a problem since it's an investment that generates profit for you every month, but just saying :p).

Think it sounds interesting and we can have a deal? Then please drop me a PM. :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  2. Saltkin

Saltkin Member

Sound like fair deal, goodluck on your search! :)

3. San

San Well-Known Member

In the real world this is called 'hire purchase' and of course a very valid proposal. But in the real world there are measures of contract enforcement which don't exist inside EU. There is no notary public to witness agreements and support can't help solving disputes between participants. You take the entire risk on yourself in order to make this attractive. The number of persons with enough reputation to lose is limited. Good luck and choose wisely.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. MrJoey

MrJoey Member

Step two: You buy the apartment (for me); obviously you keep the apartment deed, but you just give me (and only me) access to it.

As fa as i know you can not place any items in the estate when you are not the owner/dead holder.
    Does it change?

J.

5. DaughterOfAnarchy

I don't think this was changed and was warned privately about that too, but I'm Ok with it. :)

In the best case, my landlord could be so nice to drop/place any furniture I may eventually get for me when they have some spare time. :)

In the worst case, it will just stay empty 'till I finish paying my mortgage credit. :)

6. DaughterOfAnarchy

I think I found a nice investor and ironing out the details with her right now.

7. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

Or you could win the arkadia apartment event I'm running until the end of the month. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. hypnotyk

hypnotyk Member

do you want an arkadia apartment only or are you open to a calypso one?

9. krazykat

krazykat Active Member

FOMA apartments are quite cheap :)

10. DaughterOfAnarchy

I would obviously prefere an Arkadian apartment, more exactly a Sanctuary Cove apartment - hahaha.

But really what matters most is how it looks inside / peisage from window, so if good looking, good view and good price, sure, I'm open to options on other planets too. :)

11. Mentak Rickshaw Tem

Mentak Rickshaw Tem Member

This is a solid investment for many people, so I think it's a great idea. Though you could have simplified the entire system by just describing it as a rent to buy scheme. E.g. the property is worth 1200 PED and you agree on a 1 year payback so you pay them say 100 PED a month plus a rental rate, say 30 PED. Then each month you pay 130 PED until you've paid them 12 payments of 130 PED. Or whatever the agreed rate.
    You are quite the entrepreneur from what I've seen though so good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

One of the first things I do when looking at an investment opportunity is look at the trustworthiness of the person offering it. As you say, you are taking on all of the risk, however as anybody that has been around here for a year or so knows, you have had multiple user names on this forum. I don't know, but I can only assume multiple avatars as well.

That is extremely sketchy to me. You are offering to pay for an apartment over a period of time, but it seems you disappear quite frequently and reappear as a new character. I wouldn't rent one of my apartments in RL to somebody with that kind of history, but hey that's just me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.