1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importance of skilling healing

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Rocco Cosax Sonnax, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Rocco Cosax Sonnax

Rocco Cosax Sonnax Member

Just an old advice :D

Having decent healing skills and tool will save or grant you:

- mob regeneration during your healing up / skill up causes more costs for ammo/gear decay per mob
    - kill bigger mobs alone (outheal mobdmg)
    - additional heal skills by skilling, instead of only armor decay which goes into likewise no effect (naked is no decay ! :D)
    - offer heal-service for decay or healerloot %tage for socmates or customers ( if +-0 costs its free skilling)

Anorther point is that you can have a bigger/faster growing plus in HP heal using mind force healchips. At a certain point uses/min/skilllevel and HP healamount of vivo's, vivo's become better in the LONG run as mindforce heal chips.

Greetings
    RCS

2. Spawn

Spawn Active Member

Your first two arguments are not that good IMO

- Wouldn't sufficient armor where you don't heal at all during killing be much better and more economical?
    - Killing bigger mobs because you outheal mobdamage is wrong. Then you are hunting above your level and this costs ped

In my opionion you should be hunting mobs that:
    - take maximally half of your healthpoints away, preferably less. That way you can use the most economic fap after you have killed the mob ,
    and only use a bigger fap in case of a critical hit.
    - Are below your evader/dodger level.

That said, it is very handy to skill up healing.

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Rocco Cosax Sonnax

Quote:
    "- Wouldn't sufficient armor where you don't heal at all during killing be much better and more economical?"

That's depending on evade/doge level in first i think, and second you have to see max TT and durability of that armor (maybe plates as well) to point out decay. This has to be compared with killing a mob w/o armor and decay of weapon and fap/mf chip.

On the other hand you have a faster DPS/time value per mob with armor, yes.

But that setup is around 9 to 17 items which are "under decay" and still i would use peds of that decay for healing skilling purpose.

Handling faps when you are new is hmm kinda hard as skilling those takes a while and in that time you hardly have 100% efficiency which costs anyway more as well.

Quote:
    "- Killing bigger mobs because you outheal mobdamage is wrong. Then you are hunting above your level and this costs ped "

In this case i'd say i been always tempted to hunt over my level a bit :D for referring skilling progress. In general, outhealing a mobs dmg was mostly useful for me in the past. As well as beeing able to handle a suprise! new spawned mob close to me w/o dieing in the first place when attacking first target.

That this costs as well more peds, yes.

Quote:
    "
    - take maximally half of your healthpoints away, preferably less. That way you can use the most economic fap after you have killed the mob ,
    and only use a bigger fap in case of a critical hit.
    - Are below your evader/dodger level."

If that half HP loss is to kill this mob i do agree, but would use only SIB tool or maxed tool. For that critical hits i recall on that EMT Kit 2600 " old fashioned panic" fap, but very uneco. Not sure if there is a nicer one in meanwhile :D

4. Spawn

Spawn Active Member

Here's an example:

Say You have 150 healthpoints.
    You own a gyro fap-22[L] and a tt fap (gyro fap-2 [L])
    Say you want to kill riptor olds.
    You have two options: go naked or wear armor.
    Most Arkadians own viceroy.
    The riptor old hits you 5 times while you try to kill it
    assumptions: the riptor Always hits you for the average amount, your faps Always give max heals, you also have a small bit of natural healing

with viceroy:
    riptor old hits you 8.8 on average. This leads to 2.956 decay on Viceroy per hit. total decay on armor 14.78 pecs. 44 dmg done to you total, which you fap back up using the tt-fap . 4 times fapping is 3.5 pec .. total decay 18.28

Naked:
    riptor old hits you 42 on average. After the riptor hits you three times you have only 24 Hp left, so you fap in between with gyro fap-22 leading to loss of time. If you fap faps max you have 58 hp extra , 82 total hp. But the riptor hits you another 2 times , for 84 total.
    So you need to fap 2 times total in between , that's a timeloss of 6 seconds. It's very likely that the riptor hits you an extra time.
    getting hit 5 times: 5x 42 avg dmg = 210
    174 hp with fap-22 = 15.24 pec decay
    40 hp with fap-2 = 3.5 pec decay
    total decay is 18,74

getting hit 6 times: 6x42 avg dmg = 252
    total decay is 23 pecs (one extra fap with fap-22)

So wearing armor is more economical in this example, if you get hit 5 times. The difference in decay is reall small though (18.28 vs 18,74) This is ofcourse provided that the armor is full tt (or wear L armor). To be naked would be favorable because you build more healing skills.It is very likely However that you get hit one extra time because it takes 6 seconds longer to kill the riptor when you are naked. Then the difference is 5 pec per mob in favor of wearing armor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rocco Cosax Sonnax

Nice example in numbers :) and agreed.

Now we have a good basement for new players to make detailed decisions in this topic!

Greetings
    RCS

• Agree Agree x 1