1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image and disconnect time

Discussion in 'Forum Support' started by Erastothenes, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erastothenes

Erastothenes Member

Hmm uploaded a image for Avtar, put in gallery, set it to show - but it does not display in posts/replies. Image size issue perhaps? Any hints?

Also, can I set somewhere, how long to stay connected?

2. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

Hi Erastothenes

The disconnect time is set to 30mins of inactivity. This is based on cookie settings which used to be 15mins but was found to be a bit too short. I personally tend to click the "Remember Me" checkbox when I login (as long as it's a secure, unshared computer of course) and I don't notice the relogging-in when I come back after work or whatever.

Images, currently the limit is 80x80px or 19.5kb - whichever is smaller. You should upload your avatar directly through your User Control Panel -> Profile -> Change Avatar section, rather than uploading it to the "Gallery" or "Albums" sections.

Hope this helps! :)

3. Erastothenes

Erastothenes Member

30 mins much better than 15, cool. I am one of those super-paranoid ones, never setting ANYTHING to "remember" or "autolog" - perhaps most of the time just making a hard time for myself. Then again, with my setup and some ol' fashioned fear I rarely have any issues :)

My ava image is 80x80 - but 2.20kb. I'l see about taking it down a notch in bit size :)

Appreciate the response man :)

4. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

Oh I just looked hard into your profile there are two types of images:

Avatar: This is an image that shows next to all your posts in the forum
    Profile Picture: This is visible in your user profile only.

Looks like you only uploaded a picture for your profile, leaving your avatar image blank :)

5. Erastothenes

Erastothenes Member

AHA! Thanks man! I'l get that fixed then :) Appreciate!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.