1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm thinking of becoming an armour engineer - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by littleswampymonster, Mar 12, 2015.

1. littleswampymonster

littleswampymonster Active Member

I was thinking of becoming an armour engineer.

main goal is to make pulsar 8 plates

thoughts?
    cheapest way to get there?
    currently lvl 2?

should i just grind explosives?

am I an idiot?

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Very hard to make money selling P8. Price is generally under cost to craft. Other than that:
    Skill to unlock BPC via vehicle repair
    Then chip in.

The problem with skilling armour engineering naturally is that the turnover of most armour is quite low so you probably need to TT a lot of the armour you make unless u want to take a long time to get there. That's going to be expensive.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Check out Monria for there daily crafting mission this is .75 pec engineering per 500 successfull crafts.

This is one of the best rewards in game for crafting and you can craft explosive bp 1 to get the successfull crafts.

Also Cyrene have craft missions and i belive this might even be armour ( havent been in a while ) so if your not afraid of
    flying around a lot in a day then you can skill it pretty well on missions and mission rewards.

You will probably find that engineering will raise a reasonable amount ALL of your crafting proffessions as well and will
    quickly get you blue print comprehension.

http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/daily-craft-mission-please.11784/

Crafting like everything else has its highs and lows so you might want to quirey why you are crafting also look out as some
    blue prints will need components and so then you need to craft those to put in to the recipie. Also see if there are any shops
    that you might be able to craft for to gain skills ! or to sell additional plates / armour sets or make contacts and see if some will sell.

You will also find that you will have a fair amount of peds stored in ores / minerals / components to use up in your crafting
    and so make sure you have this available before you start as this will help. and its amazing how much you store up and have tied in to
    the crafting proffession. ( Some Ores are not available on Arkadia as well ) and residue helps to craft items to 100% and so make sure you use that as well ;) unless its low level stuff for skills only ( you might want to chip some in ) Again if you are supplying a shop / person / auction can you keep up a steady supply ( have large enough stacks of stuff to replace sales ) as this will also assist in periods of dry ores / drop rates.

Also Remember that its better when you are 5 levels above the proffessional level Pulsar 8 plates are already Proffessional Level 17.5 and then you will also need the Blue Print QR rating in to consideration and even then successfull crafts are not always going to happen.

If you have the peds available to have stacks of ores and residue then go for it ! especially if it is a long term aim to craft stuff ;) beware its a pretty expensive proffession to get in to and A LOT of stuff sells for Less than the cost to craft ! ! when you take in to account failed attempts and near hits.

It is quite rewarding to craft your own stuff though and think when you hunt or mine I made that ;D

• Informative Informative x 6
  4. May

May Active Member

I wanted to rate your post "optimistic" but apparently that's giving a 'neutral' rating.
    So I'll give you an Optimistic Rainbow Wave here:
    [​IMG]
    Btw, if you were thinking of doing them, the Cyrene Daily Crafting Mission rewards were:
    Ozpyn Cold Protector (L) - Armor Technology skill 0.04 PED
    Pattern Shirt Series 1 (L,C) - Tailoring skill 0.04 PED
    Enkidd Dire S1 (L) - Manufacture Weapons skill 0.06 PED
    Ozpyn Filter - Manufacture Mechanical Equipment 0.06 PED
    Imperium Key Cube - Manufacture Metal Equipment 0.06 PED
    Good advise in the previous posts. GL! [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. littleswampymonster

After consideration and community input I've decided to not pursue a career in armour engineering :)

6. Zont

Zont Member

Witch calgory does Explosive Projectiles Come from in crafting ?

7. littleswampymonster

mechanical engineer

8. Zont

Zont Member

How do I become an mecanical engineer ?

Is it somesort of mission ?

9. wournos

wournos Active Member

You craft items that increase the Mechanical Engineer skill. You can find information about which skill a blueprint increase if you look at its info window.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. krazykat

krazykat Active Member

Repair on a MS gives all engineering skills