1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got excited about space

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Neil, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I got excited about space hunting when I read that physically missed shots don't cost anything... but then I tried it in space. :mad:

2. Archman

Archman Member

I would not like it if it cost pirates nothing to miss you.

3. Hodges

Hodges Member

I agree with this entirely. I like having the possibility of them wasting a lot of ammo by missing. I'd love to not lose ammo when I miss mobs in space, but it would just make it that much easier for the pirates.

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Well, there would be more shooting in space and more noob pirates up there... but it would also make it easier to defend yourself from pirates, since the average pirate is a much better shot than the average traveler. I'm not sure it wouldn't make it a more active, more fun place. The cost of battle in space is one of the factors that makes space a dead zone. Of course, if you want space to be a dead zone then you wouldn't want this :)

On the whole though, you're probably right. The idea of uncounted missed shots seems totally logical for melee, but not so logical for guns... I just can't help thinking that it will be a short-lived experiment by MA, similar to the "fast reverse walking" feature we had a few months ago. I'm not against it, I think it is a good thing especially for newbies and for "fireworks" and for those with disabilities or bad internet connections, given the RCE aspect of the game. But it loses some realism. It would be a good thing in space hunting because there are certain mobs that cannot be hunted without missing shots, no matter how good your aim is, and with the low MU, it makes space hunting unprofitable... even though it is the ONLY thing to do in space other than traveling (or impeding others' travel if you're a pirate).

But what about miners? I wouldn't be surprised if miners without LBML lose more peds by improper dropping than hunters do with missed shots. Should miners not have to pay for overlapping drops?