1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't believe it!

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Fulminata, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Fulminata

Fulminata Member

Ok, so first, hi everyone! I'm a newbie to EU and chose Arkadia as my starting planet. I heard about this RCE game a few weeks ago in a gaming magazine(I forgot what the name of it was) and decided to research on it, and found out that I liked the idea, so I downloaded the client and started playing.

So anyway, I'm finishing the newbie mission chain, doing the mining mission. I get 2 finds in 10 drops(ore only) and decide to continue just in the hope it will balance out and I will have decent starting ped to do tiny-scale trading with as I sweat.

But then....I fall down a cliff taking 60 damage, drop a probe, and find a resource! Finally! I drop another 60 meters away from it, finding an Unknown! I then drop a probe on the Unknown's claim, and find ANOTHER Unknown 5 meters away. I then drop a third probe and found a Lysterium V. OMG! :D. I then dropped a fourth probe and found another unknown! I drop a fifth & get NRF, but still wow this is amaaazing!

Here's the pic of the 4 claims next to each other: [​IMG]

Here's the pic of a V claim using Rookie Finder:

[​IMG]

Yeeess!!! is all I can say.

And...I heartfeltly thank a certain mining & crafting blog for giving a tip about double bombing only "unknown" finds. It probably only works some of the time but this time well....you see XD

Anyway I hope to trade and sweat to establish my existence here, and any tips on those two to maximize efficiency would help! I already love the environment and of course, my exceptional good luck hehe!

Edit: oops forgot to hide the coordinates on the deed. Whatever xD I won't be mining for a long while so I guess someone else could possibly profit :D

• Welcome! Welcome! x 14
    • Gratz! Gratz! x 8
  2. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

OMG veins are back!!!! :p

Welcome to EU and Arkadia :cool:

3. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

Welcome to Arkadia and her forum Fulminata! It looks like you have a splendid (mining) start. Go and have a look at 'Little Big Mining Blog', it will registrate you claims so you can come back to your lucky spots. When you're on a tight budget, consider mining EnMatter first, that's half the cost of Ore-mining.
    I see you've joined Rookie-chat already. You can join #Arkadia and #Arktrade too.
    And last, get a good mentor to help you along the way. Take your time to find one that fits you well, ie. same time-zone, proffession, good reputation. :borg::hungry::borg:

4. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Welcome to Arkadia and Arkadia Forum ;) and hope you enjoy it I am not sure if you are also aware that there are new starter packs available from the Entropia Universe Webshop http://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/shop these offer several different options for budget and offer basic equipment and tools ;)

Also finding a mentor is good as when you then graduate from discipleship then you get another armour set and starter vehicle and fuel but dont rush in to finding a mentor choose one that fits your time zone and that you are comfortable with.

Also there are Societies that you might investigate later this again is another personal choice but can offer soc chat and other players can advise through societies as well you will often find that they do group hunts and society events and there are many of them around.

Congratulations on your mining claim ;) fingers crossed for the next big one as well ;) and dont TT your finds - try #arktrade or celest quarry to sell them as some items might be worth more than the TT value ( MU )

If you are wanting to take screen shots or have them automatically setup you might also want to check out http://www.entropialife.com/ as they have clinet software that will then automatically screen capture your globals ;)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  5. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Welcome to Arkadia, the place that grips you and never lets you go.

6. Fulminata

Fulminata Member

Thanks for all the kind welcomes! :D Hope to see you all in Arkadia.

• Welcome! Welcome! x 2
  7. Sityl

Sityl Member

Firstly, congratulations! That's an epic screenshot, and mind blowing that you got four finds like that so quickly!

I'd recommend keeping an eye on how you do going forward with this technique of bombing in the same area.

Clearly it paid off for you, and if it continues to do so, then by all means keep on doing it. There are some people though who say that dropping two probes so closely together can cause you to lose PED in the long run though.

Your experience may differ, just make sure to keep a watchful eye on how often you miss these double drops vs how often you miss spread out drops.

Welcome to EU! It's super fun :)

8. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

When treasure hunting was added to mining I dropped all types standing in one spot with a Demonic MK1, a Ziplex Z10, and a Ziplex Z15 with tier 3 depth enhancers and found 9 claims. All with never moving just changing finders :D