1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hunting/Mining Tax

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by Falandor, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Falandor

Falandor New Member

when I enter an area sometimes it says there is a tax how does it work and should I avoid areas like this while hunting?

2. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Generally yes, unless you can find stuff with a higher markup or fun value inside the taxed area.

3. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

There are a few Land Areas in the game right now, 8 Coins and Sanctuary Cove. The taxes work as you would assume; 5% of whatever you find goes to the land owners. It's personal preference whether you hunt/mine on their LAs or not :) If you think you can break even or profit with that extra 5% being deducted, or you want the specific resources or to hunt the specific mobs on their LAs, then go for it!

4. Falandor

Falandor New Member

thanks for the help C: one more question does it tax the items you find or the money you make from the item you sell? sorry if it seems like a stupid question

5. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

It's all automatic and taxes you before you even see your loot (if I understand it correctly).