1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get in better shape playing Entropia

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lovefall, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

Hyellow,

My name is Alex and I'm addicted to gaming. Oh no, that's from another group I attend in real life, feel free to ignore it...

So... trying again...

My name is Alex and ever since I remember I struggled with my weight... yeah I am (and pretty much always was) at a (relative :p) healthy weight, but that never came easy... was a constant fight between my love for eating (and usually not the most healthier foods either) and my (induced) love for sports... guess if I would have just not struggled so much, by this time, I would no longer walk, but roll down the street - hahaha. :)

And now with EU, I think I found a solution to get in better shape while playing. How so? Well, actually is quite easy... and the idea came almost naturally... I was at a sweating circle... had a rather bad day IRL (yeah, one of the reasons was that my brother remarked once again that my clothes start to be kinda tight on me and is time to do something about it) so I was not in a chatty mood, so:

I just targeted the first nusul, set my sweating tool on auto, and with my eyes still on the screen, I stand up and start doing squats... one, two, ... ten, ... twenty, twenty one, nusul down... hand on mouse, target next one, auto tool on, twenty two, twenty three, ... thirty, ... forty ... one hour later I was full of sweat - both bottled in my avatar's inventory, both IRL... a short shower break and I was back plugged in my chair ready to keep playing, just feeling much better about myself knowing I did more exercise than I would have done in pretty much any other day...

And since then, every time I have some dead time in game, either that it is regening between the mobs I swunt, attending a sweat circle or just waiting for someone, I always do one exercise or another. :) And, to be honest, that no longer makes me feel guilty for wasting my time with computer games; I consider it an investment in my health and my body. [​IMG]

So, what do you say? Will you join me in a common quest of getting in better shape while playing the game we love? And prepare to rock the beaches on summer of 2015 - Entropian style! [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  2. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

I'm still waiting for Entropia to get official VR support, then I can run around on a VR threadmill.

3. littleswampymonster

littleswampymonster Active Member

Ive done sweat circles in eu on my laptop and run on my treadmill at home before lol.

the wife said im crazy but i don't believe her

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

5. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Damn you people, I run enough in game already!

But if you want to get fit, do some sports and just imagine you are being chased by a yuka when you're jogging or something.
    It's not that I don't support you people working out while gaming, but I see gaming as a way to relax after a long day.

6. Lovefall

Actually there are already some things like that done professionally; not sure if allowed to link but runtastic has some storyrunning, that forces you to do a proper HIT interval running based on the story (like you are followed by zombies, then someone shoot them and you can slow down the pace, then another one jumps from behind a tree and you have to speed up again and so). :)

My idea though is that you can do both (gaming and exercising) at same time (and save... yeah, you guessed, time in the process)... just like reading while on bus or plan your daily phone calls for while walking. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Hmmm, now that is something interesting to look up, this runtastic stuff.

8. Lovefall

Free BUMP... summer is coming (or winter is coming if you live in southern emisphere or are a GOT fan :p) so is time for all of us to get in better shape and ready to rock the beaches... EU style. ;)

9. Talania

Talania Member

Get a power generating bike and power your computer while on EU. You can't get sweat unless you are pedaling. :blackcat2:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lovefall

That would be... awesome. :D

11. krazykat

krazykat Active Member

My cats would think I'd gone mad...

BTW, you don't need to use your mouse, just hot key select next target and auto use tool to any suitable keys. Then its just two keystrokes to get going again on the next one.