1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to calculate (L) BP sell value?

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by wournos, Mar 31, 2015.

1. wournos

wournos Active Member

What's the key to calculating the value of a (L) blueprint?
    Someone mentioned it's based on clicks but didn't elaborate on it further. Do I calculate the TT cost per click to make said item and multiply it with the amount of clicks left? Or do I use a different method?

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

There isn't really any hard and fast rule. Personally I look at the effective cost per click, eg 50000% = 5 ped per click, look at the TT value and the likely sale value of the item and see how that affects my likely profit margin. And then I adjust for rarity.

If I am making a 50TT item, and I estimate 3 clicks per success, then 5 ped per click is adding an average 30%TT to the cost of crafting. Clearly not sustainable. But if the item is 500TT then 5 ped per click is adding 3%TT to the cost and that is probably not going to affect my bottom line too much if I am charging a reasonable MU.

Selling bps I just look at that same process, putting myself in the role of the buyer and working out what I would be willing to pay. And I compare to the market history. Then put minimum SB I would be willing to accept and a BO somewhere higher than my calculation of the value.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

3. svena

svena Active Member Pro Users

Don't forget about charged L bps. Several different L bps will take tt you would have gotten from whatever mini/global/hof you looted it in and rolls it into the return from clicking that L bp.

So say you were clicking tools, you get a 20 ped mini with a X click L fap bp. Normally success from the unL version of the bp would be say 2 ped, but with the L version it will average 20 ped. When selling or buying bps like that you have to take that into account.

Recognizing and learning which bps are charged can earn/save you quite a bit of ped as a crafter.

4. KikkiJikki

Svena has a lot more experience crafting than I so I defer to that experience but I wonder how I would be able to recognise a charged bp, especially if I were the prospective buyer.

Is it that particular bps drop if they are charged? For example I looted a 3 click dominax original mamba bp and got 2 successes at over 2kTT each.

5. wournos

wournos Active Member

Thanks for your replies, both of you. It made me none the wiser. :confused:
    I'm not exactly a crafter yet as I mainly dabble with textures once in a while. The BPs I have come from those sessions and they were not the result of a global - unless they were silent ones.

But am I on the right track that calculating a click is adding up the TT value of the components to make an item?

6. KikkiJikki

I don't pay any attention to the TT value of ingredients as I am not really interested in TT returns. I look at the MU value of the ingredients and of the finished product.

7. svena

svena Active Member Pro Users

In my experience, only certain specific bps are charged. They will always be charged so you know when you loot one that you got that bp instead of a XX ped tt mini/hof/global. However there really isnt a way of knowing before hand (unless you are really in tune with the different multipliers of a specific bp) with out clicking them yourself.

Some examples on ark are the regular L gyro L bps (I don't think the combat versions are charged but not 100% on that) and herman LAW bps. Charged bps are more of an advanced thing and can get confusing some times. Its best if you don't know to trust the auction MU. 98% of the charged bps are known and bid up by resellers at the very least so its usually pretty accurate.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. wournos

wournos Active Member

Ok, thanks. I'll figure it out somehow.