1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long for MUs to stabilise?

Discussion in 'General Economy Discussion' started by Kinnison, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

I would like to hear opinions. There are a lot of completely new resources on Arkadia; presumably, Arkadia BPs will require them. Has anyone got any idea how long the MUs on Arkadia-specific resources are going to take to stabilise?

I'm interested because I decided to combine exploring for TPs with a spot of mining. Also,. I wonder how viable interplanetary trading is going to be?

BTW, my impression so far is that Arkadia is doing a lot better than either RT or Next Island. I might be biased, however, because I've never been to either place.

2. Faye

Faye Member Pro Users

simple supply and demand question really

for the moment not many UL bp for big guns like cap-303 for example so MU stay high because pl need to find the BPs. The more player the planet get the more demand comes and the more crafter will drop prices

all in all very complicted stuff and in time the market will settle

3. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

How long is a piece of string? :)

4. Telgard

Telgard Member

Thx Vantastic...for simplifying the op's vagueness. LoL

5. Calin

Calin Member

I'd guess, and I do mean guess, that it would be somewhere between 6 months and a year before we really see MU's stabilize in auction. We really have no clue at the moment about the value of the new resources, and for that matter the old ones.

6. dude

dude Active Member

As far as interplanetary trading. That is happening now. Most of the guns in auction are from Calypso atm.

7. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

And once there is less lyst/oil to be found and more Arkadian ores/enmatters instead, some of the resources common today might become rare later on, once the bp's are found and MA's "Mr.Balancing Manager" gets a chance to tweak the resources "a bit".

What is the Arkadian counterpart for Dunkel etc... we don't know that yet. Might be some common ore/enmatter on auc atm, but not later on :)

This was pure speculation and guessing on my part and not even so well educated guess either :p

Only time will tell...

-- Hyssch --

8. TigerSkin

TigerSkin Member

once new bps will be introduced and ppl will craft enough, the mus will stabilize then
    thats around 2 weeks from bp introduction
    was planning to come to Ark and buy stuff, but no decent reason to come atm

9. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

I'll be doing the reverse soon - because I've just about run out of peds, and the market for virtually everything on arkadia is pretty poor. I decided to combine TP-running with mining, and actually got quite lucky - but can't sell the stuff for MU. I will be coming back to Calypso with some of my mining loot (the stuff that is also found on Calypso) to sell it. Maybe to you? :)

I suspect that some of the textures might be quite popular on Calypso, too. For example, oro hide looks as if it would make a nice texture for clothes. :)

10. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Several things need to happen before the MU will stablize.

First and foremost...new players need to learn that the economy here is not like any other game they have ever played. They can not simply keep under cutting everyone by 20% every auction siimply to turn over ped so they can get back out in the field and play more.

2nd..the REAL traders need to get unlocked from that mining amp fiasco and start trading with the "working" population on Arkadia so people are not losing so much to the ones taking advantage of this bad situation and profiteering so much keeping the economy low.

3rd more valuable things be it weapons, armor, resources need to be established to give people something to work for. No one will come to a place where only things that hold little over tt value are. Give us something to work for. Build up it doesnt need to be the Arkadian Mod Merc from day one but something needs to be out to go after, same with resources...Nothing so far makes a miner want to actively seek it out, and
    more bp's that have a function need to be dropped.

Last... MA is the number one factor in killing a planets economy. Their steering of certain markets to save them money in the long run is only hurting the long term stability of the entire entity that is EU. Regulating everything in game to a MU under 120% is never going to drive what is need to sustain the game.